Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What a difference a day makes

24 little hours can make such a difference. I got a better night's sleep and can think more clearly today. It dawned on me on the way to work today that my sweet little boy's problem may be the new foods he has been trying. He has been eating rice cereal since he was 4 months old and we started stage 1 foods shortly after that. He has been doing fine on those things. Well a week or so ago I thought he might like Oatmeal, so I got him some. He gobbled it up at first. Since then he acts like he really doesn't like it, so I just do what any good mom would do. I mix it with a yummy fruit and he eats it. Maybe it is the Oatmeal that is making him cry and scream. Anyway I am going back to the foods that I know he can tolerate for a week and see how he acts. That should tell me whether or not it was something that we have been feeding him. I know it is not his fault that he hasn't been feeling well lately, but when I have done all that I can, I just don't know what else to do. I don't think he is scarred for life. He still loves me, and he is still my sweet little baby boy, even if he is having a bad time crying and screaming lately. Just another trial of motherhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever C has a couple days of hard behavior, I just remind myself that it can't last forever.

Hang in there girl!

Anonymous said...

Ever try Cream of Wheat ? Especially with a little maple syrup in it. Ain't a kid alive that won't eat that...me included.