Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Calgon take me away...

Some days I wish Calgon could just take me away. Not permantly or anything, just for a little while for a much needed break. My little sweet one is getting another tooth, on the top this time. Let me tell you teething is pure HELL! My little boy has been in so much agony, he has had such a hard time sleeping. He wakes up just screaming and he tries to go back to sleep, but he can't because he is in pain. Thank GOD for teething tablets and Tylenol. He had a really bad night Saturday, but we got through it and I thought that the worst was over. I thought wrong. He woke up at 3 this morning, just screaming. I was so tired, I could not keep my eyes open. I finally gave him teething tablets and put him in the bed with hubby and I and he sat up and leaned over on me and went to sleep. After he had been asleep for a few minutes I was able to lay him down and snuggle up with him. I don't really sleep when he is in my bed though, so I feel like poop today. I did stay in bed an hour later this morning trying to rest, but I never was able to go back to sleep.

What do you do when your husband is MISERABLE in their job??? He got this great job with a very large worldwide corporation back in May. We were all excited. The job sounded great and everyone thinks that this is such a wonderful company to work for. He would have killer benefits and retirement and all that jazz. Well the job really sucks. He works anywhere from 10 to 14 hours a day. He has had a few 16 and 17 hour days. They pay them salary and so the overtime is what they call "calculated" or chinese overtime, which basically means that by Thursday of every week he is working for around minimum wage. It is just draining him physically and emotionally. Working all those hours, he does not have time to look for anyone else. He can't really take advantage of all the great health insurance and all because he doesn't have time. He barely sees us during the week then on the weekends he is so tired... I don't know what to do. We cannot afford for him to not work and look for something else. The job market here really sucks. We have had several large companies close in the past few years in this area so everyone is looking for a job.

Like I said in the beginning Calgon take me away...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

i'm so sorry about the stress...
the teething will pass, as i'm sure you know, but that doesn't make it any easier right now...

as for your husband, the only thing to do is somehow summon the strength to look when he's not working...or take vacation/sick time just to look....

i understand how you feel - i love my job (teacher) but i have always wanted to do something else. but i am so locked in to this life, because as a single parent, teaching fits my family's schedule the best, and i can't afford to take a step down salary-wise, which i most certainly would if i went to an entry-level position in another field. so i'm stuck.
luckily, 9 days out of 10 i LIKE my job. it's just that 10th day......
j.

Anonymous said...

Oooh Sunshine!

We are in the same boat right now, glad to hear that I'm not in it alone.

K. said...

My son is teething right now too (again). My sympathies to you both. It is hard to see our little ones in so much pain...