Monday, July 03, 2006

Weight loss secrets

Wow the response to my weight loss has been great, not just from you guys, but from people that really know me. I barely have any clothes that fit me, because they are all too big. I went shopping yesterday and bought a size 10 pants! WOOHOO for me. I have not been a size 10 in probably about 3 or 4 years. When I got pregnant with my sweet little angel baby I weighed 170 lbs., the heaviest that I have ever been in my life! When he was born I weighed 192 lbs! Now he is almost 8 months old and I weigh 140 lbs!

I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant and had to REALLY watch what I ate. It kindof took some of the fun out of being pregnant. I did not get to eat what I wanted, when I wanted. I had to keep a food journal, count calories and carbs and take my blood sugar 4 times a day, OUCH! Anyway I had to go to a class to learn how to do all of that and to learn how I should be eating for the health of my baby. I certainly did not want to have to take insulin shots for the remainder of my pregnancy. So I did everything that the doctor recommended, most of the time. I still ate Mexican food on occassion, which made my blood sugar skyrocket, but I made up for it the next day by walking a few extra minutes and not eating as much. Anyway, long story short, I really learned how to eat.

I did not gain any weight the last 3 months of my pregnancy. My baby got bigger, but my actual body lost weight, not in pounds, but my face, legs, arms, etc all lost weight. So 2 weeks after I had my c-section I was back in me pre-pregnancy clothes. Anyway fast forward to now. I do NOT exercise, oh how I wish I had time to exercise. My little boy keeps me so busy that I just don't have time to exercise and when I am not playing with him, I am cleaning the house or doing laundry.

About the only thing that I do to keep the weight off is drink water, and plenty of it. I don't drink tea or soft drinks, except on occassion. I do however drink at least 8-8ounce glasses of water a day. I start out my day drinking water and keep a water bottle on my desk all day long. Anytime I get the urge to snack, I drink some water first and wait a few minutes, then I have my snack.

Something else that I think has really helped is the breastfeeding. My boy is a booby baby! Of course he doesn't breastfeed as much as he did because he is eating baby food now, but that is still his main source of milk.

Another thing that I think has helped me is the fact that I am constantly running, it seems. Not physically running, but 5 days a week, I am up and out of the house by 7:30 and it is off to work. Then at lunch I eat my sandwich while I am driving to my MIL to see my sweet angel and I spend my lunch hour playing with him, not eating. Then I eat an afternoon snack. Then I leave work, go and pick him up, head home. Rush to get supper on the table. Hurry to get through my meal and make sure everyone else is fed and then I have to get the little one ready for bed. After he is down for the night, it is time to get everything ready for the next day. After all of that is done, I am ready for bed and usually pass out from sheer exhaustion!

So you see there really is no big secret to my weight loss. Maybe I should invent some bogus reasons and write a book. I could be a millionaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My weight loss secret after pregnancy?

Double pneumonia.

Blood transfusion.

Worked like a charm!

eatmisery said...

Happy 4th of July!

Elmwood said...

that damn water--I her athat IS the key....I don't like water that much