Friday, July 14, 2006

The in-laws

My MIL is coming to spend the night with us tonight! YAY! No really I am excited, I love my MIL. We always have a good time when she is with us. She and my SIL always go out of town with us and on vacation with us. My MIL lives with my SIL and they are always together. I guess maybe I should give you a little history on them.

My MIL got divorced from my FIL when my SIL was like 19 or 20. So SIL was still living at home and going to college. She just never really moved out. After much searching and heartache, she never found Mr. Right, so she stayed single. A few years ago she had some money that she needed to invest in something so she bought a house for her and of course my MIL moved in with her. They have worked tirelessly to fix up this house and it is adorable. Anyway I am straying from my thoughts here, just stick with me. They are like best friends, they do just about everything together. Anyway my SIL is gone out of town for business this weekend and we do not want MIL staying the night by herself so we have asked her to come and spend the night with us. My kids just adore her and it helps to have another adult to help entertain the kiddies. Of course she also enjoys coming to spoil the kiddies just a little bit more.

My MIL and SIL and I have not always had a great relationship. Our relationship started out very rocky and turbulent, all of that is behind us now and I won't go into details here. Since I married into the family instead of just disappearing, like they had once wished, they finally gave me a chance. Of course once they got to know me, they just adore me now. I mean, really, who wouldn't??? We have been very fortunate to have them in our lives. My MIL keeps my little one while I work and she is super close to my office so I can go and spend my lunch break with them. She takes him to see his great grandparents all the time, so they get to enjoy him a lot. My SIL is usually still at home in the mornings when I drop off the babe and he just adores her. She makes him laugh and sometimes he cries when she leaves for work. She never had kids of her own so she spoils her neice and nephews ROTTEN! They have both been such a blessing. My child is getting the best care and I have peace of mind about leaving him, because I know he is being loved and spoiled just like if I were at home with him.

I am excited about tonight. I know we will have a good time! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!

Our closest relative is 4 hours away. What I'd do to have grandparents just around the corner!

Jodi said...

you are lucky...my ex MIL and i NEVER had a relationship like that...and never will. we got along okay, but i never said "yay!"

good to seeing you "writing" so upbeat! you deserve a smile!
j.

eatmisery said...

Enjoy your weekend, too. They always seem to go by so quickly.

K. said...

You are lucky to have someone you can trust to watch your child.