Monday, July 31, 2006

Bright sunshiney day

Happy Monday! I know it is Monday, but let's try to be positive and only focus on the good things today. I had a good weekend. So very different from weekends past.

We ate supper with my hubby's grandparents and mom Friday night. I just love those people. I actually got to stay in the kitchen and help Grand-mama with supper and after supper my sweet baby had plenty of people to watch over him, so I stayed in the kitchen and cleaned up all the dishes and even scrubbed the stove clean and swept the floor. I have not been able to really help out there since the baby was born because he can be clingy to me at times and it makes it hard to get anything done. Anyway he was very entertained and I got to help out. Helping out is something that I truly do enjoy. Hubby's grandparents are so funny. They are both over 85 and still married! They are an inspiration to me. We stayed at their house until nearly midnight, the babe finally crashed around 11:30 and slept all the way home. I got him into bed and he slept until 6, he woke up nursed and back to sleep he went. He slept until 9:00 am in his own bed! YAY FOR MY BABY! He has slept in his own bed for the past 3 nights. He has slept at least 7 hours before waking up to nurse. He also has taken wonderful naps. Apparently whatever was ailing him last week is cured! Thank heavens for miracles!

Saturday I did get a great deal on diapers by the case at Toys 'R' Us. I am very glad that my baby can wear the cheap store brand diapers. No expensive brands for us, which saves us so much money. Anyway he has so many diapers now, we won't have to buy any for a while. Also on Saturday my hubby took the daughter to a movie, the baby napped and I got a few things done. I made a reading nook in my bedroom, complete with a lamp and rocking chair. Now I want to find a different more cozy chair to put in the corner. Do you have any cozy chairs that you want to get rid of??? While my baby napped and the house was quiet, I read a book and painted my nails. Yeah me time. I did not do the laundry or scrub the bathroom, I did something for me. It felt good.

Sunday was great. I got up around 7 with the baby. We had breakfast and played and then I took him into our room so I could get a shower and hubby got up and kept an eye on him so I could get a shower. I got dressed and got the baby down for his nap and I was off to meet my best friend for lunch. She lives an hour and a half away from me, so we picked somewhere nearly half way that has a good mexican restaurant to meet at. Anyway after an hour and a half lunch and gab fest, we went shopping. I did not really have money to shop, but it was nice to look and just be out of the house without my baby. We spent a little while shopping and then decided we both needed to head home. Before I got back on the road I stopped at DQ and got a Caramel Moo-latte. Have you had one? They are FABULOUS! I stopped at a few places on my way home and I got home around 4:30. Hubby met me at the door, baby was sleeping so we snuck off to our room for some much needed couple together time. I won't go into detail here. I am pretty sure you don't want to hear about my sex life with my hubby.

After we were done the little one woke up and hubby went and brought him into our room and he was happy to see me. He was also happy to be with my hubby. I think the time together was really good for them too. They bonded. Anyway I had a great time "off". I will definately be doing that again.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. It's so nice to have "me-time," isn't it? I'm about to kiss my "me-time" goodbye for awhile, but I'm glad to read it's still possible, even when you become a mom.

Andrew McAllister said...

I can remember when everything was timed around when the baby slept - housework, our own sleep, and yes, couple time. If you're still at that stage, you might be interested in the (literally) best parenting tip my wife and I ever received. You can read about it in The Five-Minute Drill. It might save you hours of sleep some night - it certainly did for us.

To Love, Honor and Dismay

Jodi said...

Good for you! All of you!

And yes,sweetie, you can write about sex anytime you want...we won't blush. (smile)

Have a good day.
J.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ahhh...seems like you had an wonderful weekend, glad to hear it!

My inlaws are coming this weekend so D and I get 2 day nights in a row, very rare around here since I don't trust anyone to take care of the babe other than family!