Wednesday, October 04, 2006

As promised, a post not about sickness

No this is not a post at all about sickness. I thought I would share a recipe with you today. As I sat at my desk late in the afternoon yesterday and pondered the ago old question, "What's for supper?" I decided to let the internet help me find something good and quick to cook. So I went to the Campbell's Soup website because I had some boneless skinless chicken breast thawed out and I knew I had some sort of Cream of Something soup in the pantry. Well they have a cool search thing on there that lets you choose which soup you have and then you choose some other ingredients and then like magic recipes for the items that you already have on hand are there before you. So I printed out a couple or 3 of them and figured that I would let my family choose which new meal we would try that night. They picked the one that I thought sounded best, which made me very happy.

From the time I walked in the door until I put the food on the table was only 40 minutes and that included prep time and cooking time. The food was delicious! My hubby and daughter are very picky and both of them cleaned their plates, hubby even ate seconds. It was so good even my sick baby ate some, and he liked it! Hubby then remarked that he liked it better than the frozen Zatarain's meal that I sometimes "cook" for us. It was a good night. I love when I can actually cook something wonderful and yummy for my family and get it done with out it taking so long. Here is the recipe for those of you who would want to try it. I am posting my version because of course I changed the original Campbell's version.

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
1/2 pkg. egg noodles (8 ozs.) *original recipe called for linguine
1 cup fresh (yeah right) or frozen broccoli florettes
2 tbsp. butter
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup *original recipe called for Cream of Mushroom
1/2 cup milk
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. black pepper
*Garlic Salt
*Ms. Dash

Cook noodles according to package directions ( I like to add some salt to mine). Add broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain.

Heat butter in a skillet. Cook chicken until browned, stirring often. *I like to sprinkle my chicken with garlic salt and Ms. Dash for some added flavor!

Add soup, milk, cheese, and pepper. Simmer over medium heat until everything is hot and bubbly.

Put noodle and broccoli mixture in a bowl and top with the sauce.

You see that was so easy and it really is good. You can change it around if you don't like broccoli, just leave it out or put cauliflower in it's place. Anyway I just wanted to share. I was so excited about it I made a copy of the recipe for my co-worker!

**Just an update to let you know that the babe is feeling better today. He has not had a fever all day! He has been eating and drinking and sleeping and playing at my MIL's all day and when I went to see him at lunch he was into everything. It looks like things are getting back to normal. I am so glad too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the babe is feeling better, what a relief, huh?

Thanks for the recipe...always looking for new ones!!

Cricky said...

that recipe sounds awesome..i might have to try that soon.
If I can get Al to eat broccoli.

I am glad to hear the baby is feeling somewhat better.

Kristi said...

This sounds so good. And easy. I think perhaps even I could make it without ruining it. And so glad your baby is feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

Hoooraaayy! For cream of something soup and well babies! Really, though, what would we do without cream o something soup? You know we still have a dish I learned from you years ago, the one with Rotel and Cream of mushroom soup, on a regular basis

Scribbit said...

I'm making that one, anything with noodles makes me happy.

Scribbit said...

I'm making that one, anything with noodles makes me happy.