Friday, October 06, 2006

What would you do?

Let me give you a little background on the situation. I work for a small company that has a lot of clients. Earlier in the year a lady that works for one of our client's got pregnant. She and I talked on the phone a great deal then and so I offered to let her borrow some of my maternity clothes, since we wore the same size. She came over to the house and went through them and picked out some things and off she went. Well I was more than happy to let her borrow them because I had to pretty much buy an entire wardrobe when I was pregnant because I did not know anyone that still had any of their maternity clothes. During her pregnancy she called me less and less and occasionally I would email her to see how she was doing. I ran into her a few times at the mall and we talked, but not like we used to. She had her baby in July or the beginning of August, not really sure since she did not even let me know that she had the baby. I called her work and found out and they emailed me some pics. She is back at work now and I still have not heard from her. Anyway, I would like my maternity clothes back, although I pray that I never need them there are some charities here that could really use them to help those less fortunate and I would like to donate them. What would you do?

6 comments:

Cricky said...

I actually went through a similar situation. I emailed and just politely explained that if she was finished with the clothes to let me know, because I would like to donate them to so and so...i gave mine to another friend not charity.
she was more than happy to oblige once i did that.

Anonymous said...

I would definitely email her and say something like "Congrats on the birth of your baby...just wanted to know when would be a good time for me to pick up the maternity clothes I let you borrow."

If you don't hear back, I'd call.

heels said...

I'd ask for them back. You could even suggest that you'd take any other maternity clothes she might be finished with and give those to charity too.

Anonymous said...

All I can think about is how cranky it made your dear hubby the night she came over to get those clothes, remember? What an ungratefull little snot she is!

Anonymous said...

Everyone here said it well. If kindness doesn't work then just count the lose and let it go. I've had to do the same thing (not with maternity clothes) but situations are similar.

Jodi said...

I agree with Peg and Princess. Just ask for them back.
Glad you're back to normal.
J.