Monday, October 30, 2006

No rest for the weary

Happy Monday, the day before Halloween! I spent this weekend trying to get everything done. I won't bore you with all the details. Grandfather is doing better. He was moved from ICU to a regular room yesterday, so hopefully he will be able to come home on the next day or so.

My sister is still in jail. My mom went to see her Saturday and take her some things. My mom said she was pitiful and making all sorts of promises to change and do better. She begged my mom to get her out, but my mom is trying the tough love approach and she left her there. I know that had to be hard. I am so proud of my mom. My mom told her that we all love her and we just want her to be a part of our family again and to get herself together. She pleaded with my mom to please get her out so she can spend Thanksgiving with her family. I am pretty sure that my mom will get her out soon, at least by then, unless of course she goes to trial before then and she gets sentenced to more jail time. Things in the legal system are usually slow and tend to drag on, so she will probably be home for the holidays. I hope this is the eye opening experience that my sister needs to get it together. I miss her being in my life.

Speaking of legal system, I have been selected for Jury Duty! I am a little excited, I have never been selected for jury duty. I probably will not be picked to serve, but still it is exciting to me. Everyone thinks I am crazy, oh well, what's new? It isn't until December, so I will definately let you know what happens.

If you have a cough or minor throat irritation Ricola is awesome. I just got the original, and they really seem to help. I hate cough drops, but these aren't bad.

The babe's first birthday is next Tuesday! I cannot believe that he will be one! Anyway of course with birthdays you have to have a party. I have opted for a small family party. He really
hates crowds of people and I felt that he would enjoy it more if it were a smaller event. We are having 2 parties actually, one for my family and one for my hubby's family. Hubby's family's party is this Friday night at my MIL's. We are having dinner and then cake and presents. I am a little disappointed now because the lady that we were going to get to make his birthday cake can't because she is going out of town. Honestly, I am so disappointed that I cried when I found out. She makes the BEST cakes ever and that means now that his cake will have to come from Publix. I like Publix cakes too, but they are nothing compared to this lady's cakes. My family's party will be the weekend after Thanksgiving, when we all get together for Thanksgiving. I thought that would be easier on all of them since we will all be together anyway. So no big fancy birthday party with clowns or big bouncy things or fireworks, just somthing small and simple.

The time change this weekend has my babe waking up at 5 and 5:30 instead of 6 or 6:30. I hope he gets used to the change soon. Good news about him waking up that early is that I just go and get him and snuggle with him in our bed until he goes back to sleep. I love to snuggle with him!We are still weaning, we have cut out all breastfeeding except the night time one. It really has been smooth, much better than I imagined. He loves milk in his sippy cup, so as long as he is happy, so am I.

Now a picture of my sleeping babe after he went back to sleep in our bed this morning. He was snoring! The lighting is really bad, but you can still see him snoozing.

6 comments:

Cricky said...

what an adorable picture.
I have one like that of GBN and I framed and matted it and a caligrapher wrote Now I lay Me Down to Sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep around the outside edge. It was beautiful.

Sometimes even those we love with all of our hearts need to learn things the hard way. I am praying for your sister to see the light and change her ways.

Good news on Grandpa! Way To Go!

Kristi said...

I'm so jealous of your jury duty! It's always been a dream of mine to serve. I know, I'm a dork.

And that picture? So adorable. Daylight Savings Tims has Isabella out of sorts too, but unlike your angelic one, she just wants to stay up. No snuggling here.

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, I've learned to detest Daylight Savings Time...it's twisted up C's schedule horribly.

I'm still praying that things settle down for you.

K. said...

hehee, I was happy to be selected for jury duty too. ;)

Your baby is turning one, wow! I remember being upset because the baker I wanted to use for my son's first b-day cake was going out of town and we had to get a Wal-Mart cake. :( But guess what, it was cute & tasty and nobody at all cared where it came from!

Anonymous said...

Awww! He's adorable. I can not believe he is nearly one. Has it been a whole year already?

You know my feelings about your sister. Hang in there, maybe this is the wake up call she needs.

Jury duty! See I never understand why I don't get picked for jury duty. I am registered to vote. My mother in law has had jury duty like ten times! Anyway, I think it's cool.

heels said...

Going to jail was what turned my brother in law around. He was a meth addict and an alcoholic. He has 4 "illegitimate" children with 4 different women. He was literally living in a tent down by the river. The last time he went to jail he really turned it around and has now been clean for over a year. He is fighting for custody of one of his daughters and holding down 2 jobs. Jail can be the wake up call that some people need. I wish your sister luck.