Friday, October 13, 2006

I am so glad that it is Friday. I have to go to a friend's son's wedding tomorrow. Hubby isn't going with me, he is gladly keeping the babe. He does not really care for this friend or her family so that works out great. The wedding is about an hour from our house, so I will have like 3 hours to myself tomorrow. I will have some "me" time, even if it is at a wedding. I have not seen my friend in quite some time. We were very close at one point in our lives, but as friendships tend to do, we drifted apart. We went to college together and she was my study buddy. I spent many days at her house studying and just hanging out. She has kids almost as old as I am, but she does not act her age.

**I am not a good friend. I HATE talking on the phone, so if you don't like to email and visit with me in person you will never hear from me. I do occassionally talk on the phone, but not often. I have to talk on the phone as part of my job and I don't want to talk on the phone when I am at home. That is just who I am, my real friends know that and love me anyway.

I did talk to her on the phone today and she updated me on some of the drama in her life then we got interrupted by work and I have not been able to get her back on the phone. I left her a message and told her that I was trying to call her back. Oh well, I will see her tomorrow.

I will also see my best friend tomorrow and I am so excited. She has finally started writing on her blog again. I would link to her, but I don't know how, so if you want to go visit my real life best friend she is BettyCrockerSyndrome in my links. She moved away and left me in this unfriendly town that I live in. She moved to the country, a farm in the middle of nowhere to be exact. It isn't close to anything major and it isn't on the way to anything. She has really surprised me at her ability to adjust to farm life in the middle of nowhere. She is now raising chickens, yes you read me correctly, chickens. As a matter of fact she just had 5 baby chicks hatch yesterday. She emailed me pictures and they are ADORABLE, all cute and fluffy! She will be in town tomorrow so I will get up extra early (like the babe lets me sleep late anyway) to go see her before the wedding. She is the reason that I started a blog. Before she started her blog I had never heard the word before. I am technologically challenged to say the least. Anyway she is an awesome writer and an awesome friend and I am glad that she is back among the bloggers. I missed her! Welcome back girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we would make such great real life friends!! I'm absolutely horrible with the phone...I am great with email and meeting at Panera's for lunch!!

K. said...

I am not crazy about talking on the phone either. Although living in a different state from ALL my family makes it a necessary evil. ;)

Anonymous said...

Awww! Thank you.

Our ability to stay best friends no matter what distances us... miles, kids, work, husbands... is one of the things I love most about our relationship.

It was wonderfult o see you and that baby boy Saturday. Gwen has not stopped talking about him. She tells everyone she "saw Auntie Bo-Bo's baby and he was THIS big and he's not a little baby anymore!"

Love you!