Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Funk

I am in a funk today. It is gray and rainy today and I want to be curled up on my sofa sleeping the day away like I did on Wednesday. Unfortunately I have to be at work today so that ain't gonna happen. Anyway I have so much going on that it is just dizzying.

I started coughing and getting a little sore throat last Friday, a week ago. I still feel like crap today. I cough so hard at night I nearly throw up. I have taken so much medicine in the past week, I am amazed that I can keep my eyes open. The babe also has a minor cough and runny nose, but nothing like me. The stuff in my chest is finally breaking up and is starting to come up when I cough. Lovely, should I go on describing it? Okay, I will stop there, just know that I have not felt good all week, nor have I slept good. I have even resorted to taking the babe's Tylenol with Codeine at night because it knocks me out and I don't care if I cough.

On my way to work yesterday, my SIL called to tell me that MIL was taking her father (Hubby's Grandfather) to the hospital. He was spitting up blood and could not breathe. I was still about 10 minutes away, so by the time I got there they were calling an ambulance to come and get him. MIL is my babysitter, so I was kind of screwed. SIL stayed at home from work for a little while until MIL got back from the hospital. MIL was just going to bring the babe to me at work at 1:30 and I would just keep him at the office until time to go home. My boss is out of town, so this would have been okay. I received a phone call from my SIL a little before 1 that the doctors said they did not think that Grandfather was going to make it and I needed to come and get the babe NOW so they could get to the hospital. I immediately started crying and rushed out the door to get the babe. Grandfather has pneumonia, he is 88 and he has lung problems among other ailments, such as heart problems. Anyway his oxygen level was non-existent and it just wasn't looking good. So my afternoon consisted of me trying to keep the babe from unplugging all the electronic stuff in my office. Trying to keep him from typing on my keyboard. Trying to keep him from crying when I had to talk on the phone. Trying to get him to go to sleep already, you are so ill because you are tired, just close your eyes already. Trying to do all of this without the help of the Wiggles, or Blues Clues, or Barney or any toys to distract his attention. I was fried by the time work was over! As soon as we got in the car, he went to sleep!

I called my Mom yesterday because I thought something must be wrong because I had not heard from her. My sister has been arrested. I am not going into detail here now. This is a story that deserves its own post. Maybe one day I will sit down and write it. Just know that I think it is a good thing, possibly an answer to many, many prayers. God works in mysteroius ways. I have that on my mind though, even if it is a good thing, it isn't an easy thing to think about.

This morning, after a long night of coughing and then just when I would get back to sleep the babe would be up crying. Hello, why are you awake, you sleep through the night now, go back to sleep, I had to get ready for work. I had not heard from any of my in-laws to know what to do with the babe today. So I prepared for the worst, 8 hours at the office with me! I put the pack 'n play and TONS of toys as well as food and milk in the car and drove on in to the office. About 30 minutes after I got here MIL called and asked if I was brining him this morning. Well I explained to her that I had not heard from her and I knew that she spent the night at the hospital so I did not know if she felt like keeping the babe or not. She immediately came to pick him up and here I am in my nice quiet office ALONE! He might have to come back this afternoon, but I can deal with that.

Grandfather made it through the night. They have managed to get his Oxygen levels back up, so it is just wait and see now. Please keep us all in your prayers, we all need it.

4 comments:

Cricky said...

I'm praying for ya'll.

I can't stand to bring Kelly to work with me...I know it's boring for me so I hate to torture her with it too.

K. said...

I am sorry that you are dealing with so much right now. Your family will be in my prayers.

On a side note, you are lucky to be able to bring your baby to work with you in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that you're having a some what relaxing weekend...you deserve it....we all are here for you!

Elmwood said...

my prayers are with you and your family SuperMom