Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend in review

We had a good weekend. Nothing too exciting, but it was nice. We had a busy day Saturday. My day started at 6:15 am. My daughter had to cheer at a 9am football game, so I went ahead and got up and got myself ready so that I could help everyone else get ready and out the door on time. I got everyone up and dressed and were there on time! The babe went to sleep during the game, so he was easy to deal with. Hubby had to get a haircut and so our daughter went with him. The babe and I had to go to the bank and then to Toys 'r' us. They were having a great sale. Their Little Tykes stuff was buy one get one free! With Christmas and birthdays coming up I could not miss out on this one. I went and bought one thing and got one free and got a couple of things that were on clearance for the kids for Christmas. As I was pushing the babe out to the car in the cart he turned and tried to stand up and jammed his foot down into the side of the cart and began to scream. All these things kept going through my head as I tried to unjam his foot from the cart. I was able to get him free without having to call the fire department to bring the jaws of life.

Then after lunch we went to the Pumpkin Patch to get the perfect pumpkin to carve. This is the babe's first halloween and he really loves pumpkins. Anything with a pumpkin on it excites him. So you can imagine his delight at the pumpkin patch. I took pics, but left my memory card at home this morning so check back tomorrow for pics of the babe and the pumpkins. He played with some of the BIG pumpkins, but then we took him to the area with the baby pumpkins and he was in heaven. He took several of them and played with them. We sat him in the middle of a pallet with LOTS of baby pumpkins and he just loved it. They also had some of those wooden cut-outs that you put your head in and have your picture taken and we took pics of the kids with their head in them. We found the perfect pumpkin to carve and the kids each got to pick out a baby pumpkin.

On the way home the babe went to sleep in the carseat and slept for 2 hours, in the car! I parked in the shade next to our backdoor and I left him buckled in and left the doors open on the car and I sat in the swing and read a magazine and started supper and just relaxed while he slept. Hubby took our daughter to play tennis at the local recreation center and I had a nice, quiet couple of hours to myself, something I rarely get!

Saturday night we got out our home movies. We have not watched them since we videoed them. The tapes start last year while I was still pregnant. Let me just tell you that I was HUMONGOUS! I was huge. Everything about me looked fat. I really did not look happy. Then there was the day that the babe was born, me before we left for the hospital and then after the babe was born. He was so little. I cannot believe how much he has grown. He enjoyed watching the videos too. There was video of him scooting backwards on the floor before he could crawl and of him sitting in his bouncy/rocking seat watching TV and the Christmas tree. His arms and legs were just going crazy. I had forgotten how active he was even at just 6 weeks old! No wonder he is so active now.

Sunday was mostly spent at home. We played and just hung out. I cleaned off the deck and patio and bagged up some leaves and pinestraw. Then hubby asked if I wanted to use the blower to blow off the remaing stuff. Yeah I would love to use the blower. So he got it ready and handed it off to me and I gave the backyard a good blowjob! It looks so much better. I have never used the blower before and after I was done I could not feel my hands and they were very swolen. Let me just say that blowing is not something that I would want to do everyday!

Something I did not do this weekend was go to my sister's for my family's get together for the October birthdays. When they told me when it would be I asked if we could change it to Sunday because we had a lot to do on Saturday and Sunday would really work better for us. Well apparently my sister did not want to change it, so we just did not go. If she lived a little closer we might have gone for an hour or so, but it is an hours drive to her house and then another hour back home and then you have to stay and visit for an hour or so and honestly we just had too much to do at the time that they planned the party. I have mailed my neices and sister their birthday cards and apologized for not being able to come to the party, but it just did not work out. Was I wrong to not go? Should I rearrange my life and my plans to suit them? Anytime I plan anything I try to keep everyone else in mind. They just expect me to drop everything and be at whatever they plan, whether or not it is convenient.

5 comments:

Elmwood said...

maybe you should send your family this post ;)~

Elmwood said...

maybe you should send your family this post ;)~

Anonymous said...

You were totally right.

K. said...

Watching old family videos is always a treat. You really can't appreciate how much things have changed until you see it on tape!

Scribbit said...

That's my daughter's favorite thing to watch--home movies. I'm so glad we live in a techno-time when we can record memories.