Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another post about sickness

Yes my sweet angel is still sick. The medicine that the doctor recommended on Friday didn't agree with my baby, it gave him diarrhea, so we stopped it on Sunday. It also did not seem to be helping with the pain. My babe would just gag and cry everytime we had to give it to him. He still was not eating much and drinking even less over the weekend. So yesterday it was back to the doctor. The blisters in his mouth and on his gums do not seem to be getting better, he was up ALL NIGHT on Sunday night and hasn't really slept well since this whole thing started 9 days ago. Anyway the doctor re-examined him yesterday and the babe has lost 9 ozs and this is the worst case of the virus that our pediatrician has ever seen. He prescribed some Tylenol with codeine for the pain and to help the little one get some sleep. We took a nice nap yesterday afternoon and slept last night with minimal interruptions. I slept with him on the floor in the den, so hubby could get uninterrupted sleep (he took him riding in the car at 3am Monday morning for 2 hours so I could get some sleep). I also did that so I could keep an eye on the babe to make sure he wasn't having a bad reaction the the medicine or choking or any scary thing like that. This illness has really taken it's toll on all of us and I am ready for my little boy to be healthy and happy again. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I promise a post this week that has nothing to do with sickness, but an issue that I really need your opinions on. More later... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Elmwood said...

oh my god the poor thing!
I don't mean to play doctor here, but sounds like he is just giving you ways to mask the pain, how about ways to heal the blisters? anything for that?!?! I know for adults swishing warm water and peroxide or warm water and salt helps heal mouth sores or sore throats..Just wondering
I hope you ALL get some sleep soon--that can't be making the poor thing too happy either!