Monday, October 09, 2006

Fair fun

We went to the fair Saturday. Hubby and our daughter went earlier than we did and then the babe and I met them there a few hours later after his nap. Then MIL and SIL met us there a little later. I had so much fun, probably the most fun that I have had at the fair since becoming an adult. My daughter is finally old enough to ride the grown up rides and she needed someone to ride with so hubby and SIL and I took turns riding with her. It was so much fun. We rode so many rides that I hadn't ridden in years. I can definately tell that I am not as young as I used to be though. My body ached so bad yesterday after riding all those rides. Also the food did not excite me like it did in my younger days, all I ate was a corndog and a few bites of a funnel cake. The babe enjoyed it too. He got to ride the Carousel with us and he liked all the lights and loud music. He took a nap in his stroller among all the noise and people and then when he was ready to go to sleep for the night he just closed his eyes and off to dreamland he went. Maybe I need to install a really LOUD stereo in his room and some blinking lights.

He has had 2 good days in a row so maybe he this virus is really gone. He was back to his normal self yesterday. This morning in the car he was dancing in his carseat to the radio and I changed the station because I did not like the song. I looked at him in the mirror and he had gotten still, so I changed back to that song and he started dancing again, complete with arm motions and then he started doing his hand motions for the Baby Bumblebee song. It was so cute. I was laughing so hard! I am so glad that he is feeling like himself again. I feel like I finally have my baby back.

6 comments:

eatmisery said...

Isn't it wonderful when they finally feel better again? What a relief!

Cricky said...

sounds like you all had a wonderful time.
Our fair starts October 19th and runs until October 29th.

My family works in the main office for the owners, every year we watch around 450,000 people get drunk, puke on the aipper, and forget where they parked their cars...I love the fair!!!

Glad to hear the baby is better.

Cricky said...

i meant the zipper

Jodi said...

Yay! Glad to hear he's on the upswing.

Stop by my place to see MY babies!
J.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad to hear all is returning to normal.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that everyone is feeling better again...sounds like you guys had a great time at the fair...I'm a tad bit jealous, I love fairs!