Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Move over Martha

While Martha is in prison, I feel that we must carry on. I have become very creative lately, more so than usual. After we got our tree home Saturday night my hubby had to cut a few branches off of the bottom. We had all this greenery left over, so I decided to use it to make some swags or whatever you want to call them. I made 2 of them and they look so pretty, I put a big bow in the middle of them and hung them on the wall.

I also purchased a used entertainment center last week. It has been sitting in the middle of the living room floor since Sunday because we could not decide what we wanted to do with it. I knew it needed paint, but what color? My end tables are off white with a reddish color top, so we could not decide if we wanted to paint the entertainment center a solid color or paint it to match the end tables. We decided last night that I am going to paint it to match the end tables. So that will be my project for the rest of the week and the weekend. I hope to have it finished and in place by Sunday night. I think I can get it done.

Now to change the subject a little bit. What is the deal with the weather here? The forecast is calling for mid to upper 70s all week. How can I get in the holiday spirit when it is too hot to drink warm beverages and have a fire in the fire place? Does anyone have mother nature's e-mail address and I will send her a little note and let her know that we would like some cooler weather. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want freezing weather, just cooler. Maybe highs in the 50s with lows in the upper 30s. That would be Christmas weather.

No comments: