Thursday, December 30, 2004

Happy New Year

I have no big plans for New Years eve. We will have our child so we will probably play Barbies or something until time to sing Auld Lang Syne. That is fine with me, New Years parties are usually overrated and I am much happier with my family at home than a group of strangers partying.

It was so hard coming back to work yesterday after being at home for 5 days. I could so be a stay at home mom, but I need a child to make that work. Oh well if you have been with me for a while you know that we are working on that and I must report that I am 4 days late starting my period, so I may get a baby for the new year. Keep your fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.

I had a real mommy experience last night. You all know that I have a 7 year old step-child that we have a good bit of the time. Anyway she was at our house last night and we were in her room playing. Well she smashed her finger in the chair that she was sitting in. My hubby was in the kitchen cooking (like all good hubby's should be). I grabbed her and she started crying of course because her finger was like purple. So I sat in the bean bag and held her and rocked her back and forth and comforted her until her dad could get back there. Before he got there though I had already made her laugh and she was laughing with huge crocodile tears running down her cheeks. It made me feel good to be able to comfort her, usually she wants her dad when things happen. I love that child.

Well I will be off again until Monday, so I will post again then. Have a safe and wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Happy new year to you too!