Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ready...Set...Go...

Okay I will share something about myself with you that only my husband knows. On my commute to work and back home in the afternoons I have to drive for 15 miles or so on this very long, boring highway. It is a divided highway with 4 to 6 lanes depending on where you are at. Anyway, when I get to this roadway I pretend that I am in a race. The light turns green and I am off, weaving my way through traffic and passing all the slow cars. I can even hear the announcer in my head. I know it sounds crazy, that's why I don't tell many people. I have always wanted to be a race car driver. I started watching Nascar about 8 years ago and I love it. No I am not a crazy red neck racing woman or anything like that. I just enjoy watching. I have been to one Nascar race in Atlanta a few years ago and it was awesome. I wish I could have gotten rid of some of the stupid drunk redneck people there, but it was still fun. It is loud and exciting to watch the cars whirl around the track and to see the occasional wreck. Jeff Gordon is my favorite driver. Say what you want about him, I like him. My mom and step-dad are big Nascar fans and I started watching the races on Sundays at their house after dinner and I needed someone to root for, so I picked Jeff Gordon. I picked him partly because they can't stand him. I drive fast and when my husband and child are in the car with me they call me Jeff Gordon. I look forward to my drive home everyday so I can win the big race, even if it is only in my head.

No comments: