Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Odds and Ends

I think Mother Nature must have gotten my email about the hot weather in December because now it is freezing. I love it. It is such a nice change from the hot and humid weather we have to endure here in the summer and fall. I have not had to turn on my personal heater at work yet. I hope I don't have to, but I am sure that I will if the cold weather stays here.

I had a great weekend. My hubby hung our Christmas lights. We have icicle lights on the front of the house, net lights in the hedges and some other lights in our small tree. It looks wonderful. I have never had Christmas lights on the house before so I just think it is beautiful. After we got all the lights up Saturday we walked to the end of the driveway and I cried because it was so pretty.

My bestest friend is moving to the middle of nowhere. It is like an hour or so away. I am trying to be positive, but I am selfish and I do not want her to move. I have been sad since I read her blog on Friday and found out that her husband got the job in the middle of nowhere. She will no longer be a local phone call away or a short 10 minute drive from me. It will be a sad holiday having to pack up your family and move. I just feel sick about it.

We visited a church in our town on Sunday. We have not been actively going to church since we moved over a year ago. So we decided that we would start visiting churches until we found one that we liked. I hate visiting churches, you feel like an outsider. The one that we went to Sunday was like being at Bible Camp. My hubby thought that the pastor looked like Dr. Evil. We kept waiting for him to say, "We mustn't gnaw on our kitties." After the service was over, we ran to our car and got out of there as fast as we could. I don't think that was the church for us. Next week we will visit another church. I will keep you posted on our progress.

I have a panic attack everytime that I think about how close Christmas is. Maybe I need to double the dose of my crazy pills until we are over the mad rush to Christmas. We are doing great on the shopping though, just about $100.00 more and we should be done. I really don't know what to get my hubby. I want to buy him everything that he wants, but that is impossible. He is so sweet and wonderful.

Last but not least... I am in extreme pain and I have a high tolerance for pain. I do not pop a pill everytime that I have an ache or pain, but this is some awful pain. I think I have sciatica. I really don't know what is causing it and I do not want to go to the doctor. I have had the pain for about a week now. The only thing that makes it feel better is to have my hubby stand on my back. It relieves the pressure on the nerve and makes the pain go away so every night I have to lay in the floor and let him stand on me for a few minutes to get some relief. I have also been loading up on the meds to try and relieve some of the pain. I read some stuff about it on WebM.D. yesterday and did not find a real answer to any of my questions. It says the best thing to do is alternate lying down with short walks. Well I have a desk job, it is pretty damn near impossible for me to lay down at work and for the short walk, I do trek to the restroom every few hours, but I really don't think it helps. If you have any suggestions let me know.




1 comment:

Elmwood said...

sunshine-
One word: CHIROPRACTER(sp?)
It was the BEST thing I ever did,...It's about $95- the first visit then $40- or so every other--at least it is here without any insurance coverage...I HIGHLY suggest it
Good luck--sorry you are in so much pain