Thursday, December 30, 2004

Paranoia

Is that how you spell it? I am paranoid that something bad is going to happen to me today. I will tell you why, I know you are just dying to find out. On my way to work this morning I came to the stop sign at the end of my street and there was a lady standing there on the corner. I had to let my window down to see if the coast was clear for me to pull out because the windows were fogged. Anyway when I let the window down she approached my car and asked if I could help her because she had ran out of gas. Well I did indeed see the car that appeared to be stranded and she was not by herself. She was like 2 blocks from the gas station. Anywho I looked at my watch and told her that I had to get to work or I would be late. She said Thank you anyway and I drove off on my merry little way. Well then I started feeling bad. I should have turned around and went to my house and gotten my gas can and taken her to the store and gotten her some gas for her car. What if that were me, I would want someone to help me. I just can't help but being skeptical about people. Lots of bad things happen to unsuspecting people these days and you just can't be too careful. I always try to help others when I can, but when I am traveling on the road alone I feel like I am a target for evil instead of a doer of good. Lately there have been a rash of bad things happening in the town that I live in and I am paranoid that I could be an easy target. A lady's purse got snatched in her own yard yesterday! How ridiculous is that? All I could think about was that she probably had a gun and she would make me drive to the ATM and make me take out my money and then shoot me and take my car and leave me for dead. So because I did not help someone who asked me this morning I feel something bad may happen to me. Is that just crazy or what?

2 comments:

Elmwood said...

Crazy? - No, Smart? hell yes! Listen I grew up in Chicago, daughter of a cop.
Engrained in my head is "TRUST NO ONE"..Think about it this way--there were other options for her. Would you just stand on a corner and HOPE someone drove by?? NO! You would walk to a house, or start walking a few blocks and look for a store or a gas station OR use a cellphone (which virtually EVERYONE has these days) and the logical thing for her to do would have been to ask you to call the cops to come help her.....Sunshine you did the right thing. God works in mysterious ways...Today I think he was working with you, not testing you!

Webmiztris said...

i agree that you did the right thing. i've had a bad experience with a hitchhiker and now i trust no one!

webmiztris.diaryland.com