Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Blue lights in my rearview mirror...

Yes happy Valentine's Day to me. On my way home from work yesterday I was speeding as usual rushing to get home and get dinner on the table. As I rounded a curve I saw him. Too late now, maybe he didn't notice that I was breaking the law. After all he was going in the opposite direction on a 4 lane divided highway. So I watched in my rearview mirror to see if he was turning around and I did not see him, whew! So I called my Grandma on my cell phone to tell her Happy V-Day! I had to cut our conversation short because I saw the blue lights in my rearview mirror. "Well Granny let me call you right back I am being pulled over," is not a good way to end a conversation with your 79 year old grandma. I let my window down and watched in my side window as he walked up the side of my car, my heart was racing. He greeted me and told me that he clocked me doing 73 near the gas station (the speed limit is 55). I handed him my drivers license and insurance card. He walked back to his car and sat down in the drivers seat. I sat and waited, my mind racing with things that I could say to try and talk myself out of the mess that I was in. He walked back to my car after what seemed like an eternity. He said that he was giving me a WARNING! Can you believe it? I was so happy I grabbed his hand and said, " I just wanna hug you." He told me Happy V-day and to slow it down. I was elated! That was the best Valentine's Day gift ever. So after I pulled off and headed home I pondered how I was going to slow myself down. I love to drive fast, it is just a part of me. My car does have cruise control so I guess from now on I will have to set the cruise control to a nice acceptable speed and drive in the slow lane with the rest of the law abiding citizens.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

I would have gotten you out of the vehicle in a nice secluded spot and made you take a "very special" breathalyzer. LOL

sunShine said...

Thomas- If it would have gotten me out of a ticket I would have done it. haha!

Webmiztris said...

good for you! maybe that was the cop's way of trying to 'hook up' with ladies on Valentine's Day - by letting them get off with a warning. I see what he's doing. ;)

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

Janet said...

Lucky duck. Where were you when I needed you?:(

Elmwood said...

knock on wood--I get just as lucky when I get pulled over--I'm sure it helps that my dad is a cop though..Until the one time I got pulled over in Oklahoma--doing like 80 and I was wearing a shirt with a sherrif's star on it that said "WANTED" I got a ticket!!! LOL