Thursday, February 03, 2005

Well it happened again, my monthly friend is here to visit. Which means that once again I am not pregnant. This month I am really okay with it. I am coming to grips with the fact that I might never get pregnant. I have been trying to think of the positive things about not getting pregnant and having a child. I will list a few of them:

No weight gain that is harder to lose.

I can drink alcohol and if I want start smoking without having to worry about the effects that it is having on my unborn child.

I won't have to buy those creepy maternity pants with the stretchy panel in the front.

I will continue to go to sleep when I want, not after my child is tucked in. Oh yeah and no waking up at all hours of the night to feed the little monster.

I can continue to work at my job, which I love, without having to worry about who will care for my child.

I can still lounge around the house in the nude and not have to worry about answering questions about my anatomy. I can also still enjoy a shower or bath alone without the door being opened every five minutes.

My hubby and I can have sex when and where we want in our house without having to worry about locking the door.

We can go to the grocery store at midnight if we want to and stay out really late and not have to worry about Jr's bedtime.

I don't have to buy diapers and formula.

I don't have to suffer throught Jr throwing a temper tantrum at Wal-Mart and being arrested for beating his rear end.

Those are just a few of the things that you get to enjoy when you don't have children. I know I have made light of those things here, I know there are lots of rewarding things about having children that I may never experience. Maybe hubby and I are never going to have children and if we don't I will be okay with that. As long as we have each other I really could not ask for anything else. Well a million dollars would be nice, but you know what I mean.

2 comments:

Webmiztris said...

All of those are reasons I don't want to have children. Also because I want to keep traveling, going on vacations, etc., and having a kid makes that really difficult.

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

C. said...

Keep being positive...you'll get there. In the meantime enjoy each other and have fun trying :)