Wednesday, February 23, 2005

It is official...

There is nothing we can do about it now. Georgia has chosen an official state amphibian. Do you care to guess what it is? If anyone out there is familiar with the amphibian life in Georgia this will come as no surprise to you. Drumroll please......................
The official state amphibian of Georgia is ... the Green Tree Frog!
Congratulations Green Tree Frogs all over the state of Georgia, rejoice, maybe now you will get the respect that you deserve.

Do our lawmakers have nothing better to ponder and make decisions about than a freaking state amphibian. I want to be a lawmaker. I think that Georgia needs an official lipstick color and an official bubble gum flavor and I think that I am just the person to decide those things! Don't you? What about all the pressing issues, like maybe abortion, gay marriage, you know there are tons of them, take your pick. I don't think it was a statewide emergency to pick an amphibian. Jees, people give me a break!

4 comments:

Webmiztris said...

awww, man, I'm jealous. I don't even think PA HAS a state amphibian!!

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

The Narcissist said...

What does any state need with a state anything? In AK we always joked that the state bird was the mosquito...we sure saw it a lot more than the ptarmigan and they were almost as large. But thank God that you now have a state amphibian. GA is now complete. AMEN, and so say all.

-Rebecca.

C. said...

I never really understood the whole "state this...state that" deal. Who really cares about things like that? You're right, lawmakers should spend more time focusing on the real issues rather than picking out the state's official vegetable...gimme a break :)

Elmwood said...

I must say I love those little guys..but to make them ANYTHING more than a tree amphibian is just out of control....
Life must be so simple in good ol' Geogia...