Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Happy Groudhog's Day

I hope the little critters are having a good day. I don't have a groundhog so I don't know what they enjoy doing. I think we should have family pet's day. On this day we would all be allowed to bring our best 4-legged friend to work with us and take them to the mall and all that jazz. Oh well, I am wandering off the subject at hand. I have a few questions.

What makes a groundhog an accurate weather predictor? Yeah, yeah I know the weatherman isn't too accurate, but come on people at least he can talk..

How do we know if said groundhog really sees his shadow, if he doesn't look down at his shadow then does it count?

Do you really want to go stand out in the cold early in the morning to watch a groundhog being woken from his peaceful hibernation to look for his shadow? Frankly, if I were the groundhog I would bite the jack*ss that woke me from my peaceful hibernation to be seen with bedhead by all of the world. Where do people get off? Don't the groundhogs have a right to privacy? Would you want to be snatched out of bed in the middle of your sleep to have your face plastered all over the T.V.? I think not. I think we should boycott groundhog's day from now on. Someone needs to stand up for their rights, is anybody else with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never understood the whole facination with the rodent myself.lol
Emily aka madmommy

Janet said...

I am doing this 6 week thing where after the kids made groundhog's day predictions, we are going to chart if the groundhog's prediction was right. But just getting my kids to understand the concept in itself was "fun".:)