Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Good scents and bad scents

When a co-worker came in this morning she smelled just wonderful. I immediately ran into her office and demanded she tell me what smelled so good. She pulled out this little bottle of Bath and Body Works Orange Ginger Aromatherapy lotion. Let me tell you it smells so fresh and clean. WHOOO! So she gave me the bottle, said she had the big bottle at home. She didn't have to brag and all, but I gladly took the small bottle so now I smell all Orange-gingery. MMMMMM

Then I went to the restroom a few minutes ago and a different co-worker had put some lotion or something on and it too is Aromatherapy, but it is supposed to be for relaxation. I think it is Lavender-Vanilla scented. IT IS WAY TOO STRONG AND OVERPOWERING. It makes me want to projectile vomit. UGHHHHHH. Enough is enough already. She frequently puts this scent on in her office. Once she was just trying to be helpful and she sprayed my arms and shirt with it. YEAH, I try so hard to be nice to people, but sometimes they really test me. So I proceeded to thank her and tell her how wonderful it smelled and then I promptly went into the restroom and bathed myself in the sink. I HAD TO GET THE FUNK OFF OF ME. I had a nice headache the rest of the day from that stinky stuff. I know scent is a personal preference and you may just love that scent and if you do that is great, just please don't spray me with your bottle of it. I would rather be sprayed by a skunk, honestly. Thanks for the offer though.

5 comments:

Elmwood said...

why is everyone being all scenty?? lol
Orange anything is yummy
B& B White Cherry Blossom is YUMMY
oh annnnnd Maybe you already know this, but Grins & Giggles Oatmeal lotion for baby's is AWESOME too.
but only the Grins and Giggles one for some reason

Kristi said...

LOL. Office smells, even ones that are supposedly good smells, are often vomit-inducing. I think it has to do with the enclosed space and non-circulating air. Retch!

sunShine said...

Yes Kelly, my baby smells like the Grins and Giggles Oatmeal. It is wonderful.

Kristi when I was pregnant there were days that I could barely stand to be in the office without gagging. It isn't as bad now, but I do keep airfreshner in my desk drawer.

Brittany said...

I wonder if people think I stink. I've never really thought about it before, but I might have lotion that makes other people want to vomit. Huh. I'll have to take a survey.

My worst complaint about work smells is when people heat their food up in the microwave. Man! People bring some stinky stuff!

Anonymous said...

I'm the type of person that certain perfumes make me sick, especially if I'm in an enclosed space with them.

Strangley, my daughters new baby wash is so scrumptious that I can't stop smelling her sweet little head!