Friday, June 09, 2006

Odds and ends

Things in my mind are sometimes very jumbled, it isn't that I can't have a complete thought. It is the fact that the first thought is like a train, it just sort of takes off and winds its way through different paths and takes different turns and leads to other thoughts mostly completely unrelated to the first thought. I have often wondered if I don't have some form of adult ADD. It is frustrating sometimes because my thought patterns make it very difficult for me to have long conversations or write long letters or long posts or anything that requires too much thought on one subject. That is one reason my best friend and I get along so well, she thinks like I do. I think it would be hard for a stranger to follow our conversations because we jump form one subject to another, just the way our minds do! Anyway I tell you all that to sort of explain to you why this post is going to be all over the place. Just some random things that are in my head and have been going on that I would like to share.

I got a freakin' ticket this morning. No, not when I was going 80 miles an hour on the interstate or when I changed lanes with out using my turn signal or when I made a u-turn in the middle of the street because I realized that I forgot my watch. No, no, no not for any of that, thankfully! No I got a ticket when I rolled through a stop sign leaving my mother-in-laws house this morning. They were staking out this stop sign unbeknownst to me and many other bewildered stop sign runners. He had the nerve to say that I did not even slow down. WHATEVER you jackass, just write me the damn ticket and let me get on to work! I did not even argue with him, which is so unlike me. I could not come up with a creative story to tell him as to the reason that I ran it or anything. I wish I could have came up with something like Martha in the backseat told me that the coast was clear. What is that officer, you don't see anyone in my backseat. Well how can you not see her she is a 6'4" tall dinosaur for goodness sakes. If you can't see her then are you sure you saw me run the stop sign. I mean really how can you be sure. Yeah I couldn't even come up with anything close to that. Oh the frustration. I did call the court and the ticket is $63.00. That just chaps my ass, but I did manage to call my sister-in-law and warn her so she did not meet my same fate. Sure enough the person in front of her ran the stop sign and out they came, blue lights flashing and all. They must have thought she was really dangerous because the second cop car came too. Glad to know I didn't require back-up to be called!

So as I am on my way back to work from lunch I am deep in thought. (Yes I did remember to stop at the stop sign when I was leaving.) I am not a supersticious person (you can probably tell that because I am sure that I misspelled it and really don't care). There are some things though that for one reason or another stick out in your head when you hear them. You know those old wives tales. Like the one my mom told me once, you know the one about if you leave something at home, don't go back for it, it is bad luck. Yeah you see maybe I jinxed myself this morning when I went back and got my watch that I made a u-turn for right in the middle of the street. I actually almost did not go back and get it because I did not want to bring myself bad luck. but what the hell, you have to live dangerously sometimes. I should not have went back and my day probably would have been better, except for the fact that I would not know what time it is.

When I got to work this morning, finally after the cop gave me my ticket and all, our computer was down. Fabulous, a few of the other ladies in the office come in at 8 so they had been here for 30 minutes unable to work, because I am the only one that knows how to get it all back up and running. Great to be important and needed, much job security here! In all fairness my boss and my office assistant know how to get it all going again too, but the boss is out of town and the assistant comes in the same time as me (8:30). Once I got it all going everyone was happy, well as happy as you can be at work that is. It has been a bad week at work, I mean really stressful. To the point that I either wanted to start drinking on the job or start back on anxiety medicine. It has been so bad this week that I have had to call out my evil twin personality to handle some things. Now that is bad. I usually try to be sugary sweet with people and get things handled, but in a very nice way. Well I have over used curse words and been very demanding with some people. I pretty much told some of the support people at our software company that they are a bunch of idiots and I could do their job better than them and then I slammed the phone down. We have changed over to a new server this week, with a different operating system. Same basic programs, but new system. As always with a new system there are problems, mostly small things, but when you call them they act like you are speaking jibberish and they can't understand your problem. So this has been going on since ummm Tuesday. Yeah makes for a fun week.

Okay I am sure that there are other things that I was going to post about, oh yeah my Granny, but I will save her for another day. I hope everyone has a great stress-free weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!! What a horrible day!!

Hoping you had a relaxing weekend and you're Monday is much, much better!