Friday, September 15, 2006

Excited, yet not so much

Hubby called me a few minutes ago and said that has a dilema. He has tickets to the UGA football game tomorrow, 2 tickets, that his boss game him. We don't have our daughter this weekend, so how fun that hubby and I can go to a college football game. Our daughter is cheering this season and her game is at 11am, the Georgia game is at 1 and we are at least 2 hours away from the stadium. Then there is the issue of the babe. Do we take him to a loud college football game in the blazing hot Georgia sun in the middle of the day or do we try to find someone to keep him and risk me having a nervous breakdown being so far away from him and away from him for so long. What would you do? The good mom part of me says to forgo the football game with the hubby and let him find someone else to go. The good wife part of me says to go to the football game with your hubby, you have always wanted to go to one of the games and you may not get the chance again anytime soon. My head is spinning with anxiety, really it is. I want to go to the game, I do not want to leave my baby all day and be so far away from him. I could take him and risk him getting sunburned and no place to nap, but that would not be good for him or me either. Oh the stress of it all!

I called my mom and she can come and keep the babe for us at our house. She mentioned some things that she needed to do tomorrow at her house and said it would be nice if she could keep him there, but that is out of the question. I made up my mind long before the babe was born that he would NOT stay at her house. It is nothing to do with her, it is a lot of things that I do not want to go into today, but I don't want my child there without me or my hubby. So I told her that I would feel better if she kept him at our house because he is more comfortable there, his toys, crib, movies, food, everything he has is at our house.

Unless I just completely break down before tomorrow I will be at the Georgia Bulldogs football game. GO DAWGS! SIC 'EM!

**update on this post: My mom called and said that my step-dad needed to do some work on her car if she could just meet us somewhere and get the babe and take him to her house until my step-dad was finished with her car, like for about 4 or 5 hours. I told her to let me consult the hubby and see what he said. I called the hubby crying, why was I crying? Who the hell knows, anyway I was crying. So hubby called his mom she said of course she would love to keep him, so we are still going to the game, but my MIL is keeping my little one instead of my mom. I had to call my mom and lie to her and tell her that we were just gonna take the babe to the game. Telling her the truth I think would really hurt her feelings and I am not ready for that yet. So everything worked out and no-one got their feelings hurt.

4 comments:

Cricky said...

Go relax and enjoy the game...even if you are rooting for georgia...
Go Noles!

K. said...

Have a great time! I understand that it will be hard for you, missing your little one and all. :) Try to enjoy yourself anyway.

Elmwood said...

have fun. he will be just fine doesn't your MIL watch him during the week any way? he will be totally comfortable with her so you have no reason to worry. so go and have fun with the husband..what a great "day date!!!" :)

The Queen B said...

I'm so excited that it worked out for you...and I might be a wee bit jealous that you have family near to do that for you!!