Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hobby time

We just got a new Hobby Lobby in the town where I live. The babe and I went last night after work and I was so excited I nearly wet my pants. I have not been in a HL in so long I had forgotten all the wonderfulness that resides within its walls. They had so much stuff, I barely skimmed the surface. I did get a really cute fall/winter purse and a few little purse figurine things all for only 7 bucks. Yeah that was all I spent. Now don't get me wrong, it was not that I could not find anything to buy. On the contrary, I found lots of things that I wanted, but I will have to wait until I have some money. At the rate I am going that will be never, but I can always dream. The store is huge, I can't wait to go back and browse (drool) over all the merchandise.

I am trying to find my crafty side again. I have packed that side of myself away with my glue guns and fabric remnants since crafts and crawling babies really don't mix. I can't remember the last time I actually got my sewing machine out and made something. Now don't go thinking that I am all crafty like Martha or anything, but I do like a good craft project every once in a while. I have a project that my daughter and I will be working on this weekend. We are making placemats for the fall. You see my MIL (queen of the crafty and creative) made some last week after she saw them in a catalog. I am going to steal her idea and make my own for our fall table arrangement. You see you take loose silk fall colored leaves and hot glue them onto a placemat (any shape placemat that you want) until you completely cover the placemat. I know it sounds kinda not so cute, but really the end product is quite adorable. I am so excited. I dug out the hot glue guns last night and hubby has agreed to keep the babe occupied until we get the project finished. I will post pics of the finished placemats. You all are going to be so jealous! Look out Martha, I'm baaaacccckkkkkkk!

7 comments:

Cricky said...

Hobby Lobby should be considered a crime....I can literally waste an entire day in their aisles...

Jodi said...

Ooooh...you and i must be on the same wave length. i was just thinking the other day about getting back into cross stitching.

you will post pics of the finished placemats, right?

great idea!
J.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...I love craft stores. I have so many craft projects going on between scrapbooking and making cards!

Please post a pic of the placements, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Elmwood said...

I have never been I am not crafty at all...I can't wait to see your finished product!!! :)

Anonymous said...

If Ellen finds on of these stores we could be in trouble

Brittany said...

Hobby Lobby sounds wonderful! They don't exsist where I live, but there's a craft store just down the street from me that I frequent often.

Cricky said...

You ok?