Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend success

I had a really good weekend. Although I did not get much rest, I got a lot accomplished, maybe I can rest next weekend!

I cleaned my house from top to bottom. I worked on it a good bit Saturday and amazingly got most of the things accomplished before my hubby's birthday party. The party was fun, the kids enjoyed it, that is what really counts. The cake was yummy and so was the food that I cooked for supper!

I went to yard sales with my daughter EARLY Saturday morning. It started raining before we got to the first one, but we went on anyway and I am so glad that we did. We had some good girl bonding time and I got a few really good things. The thing that I am most proud of is this chair:


It is a little rocking chair for my little one. This isn't the fabric on the one that I got, but it is close. It matches his nursery and I only paid $10.00 for it. It is in perfect condition, no tears or stains. He sat in it a few minutes on Saturday and watched T.V. It is so cute. I will post some pics of him in it as soon as I take them.

Having an extra day this weekend was awesome. I had an extra day to spend with my hubby and babe. I took the babe on a walk yesterday and when he took his first nap, hubby and I took that opportunity to have some "ALONE" time. It was much needed and we both enjoyed it. Then when he took his second nap we were able to put our washing machine in the house and take out the one that keeps ruining my laundry. The one that we took out works great, but every so often it will put grease on something in the load. Like for instance my favorite khaki skirt that it ruined last week. After it ruined my skirt I went on laundry strike until we could get the other washer in. So I am officially off of laundry strike. I have done about 4 loads of laundry so far and I have at least that much left to do. I hope to have it caught up by the weekend.

Anyway, it was a good weekend. Hope yours was!

**Side note: I am extremely upset about the death of the Crocodile Hunter. RIP!

6 comments:

Elmwood said...

I LOVE those little kid rocker chairs..they are SO cute! Can't wait for the pics!!! :)

p.s. glad you and hubby got some "alone" time ;)~

Brittany said...

Yard sales are so awesome! Congrats on the great find!

I'm sad about the Crocodile Hunter, too.

Jodi said...

I love the chair!
Great shopping!

My S.O. and I had some "alone" time, too. It was great!
J.

eatmisery said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

The Queen B said...

Great chair!!

I too am pretty sad about Steve Irwin's death. He seemed like such a great guy.

K. said...

I love that chair! Me want one.