Friday, September 01, 2006

Stress Full

Finally Friday! WHOO HOO! Can I get an AMEN? I woke up with a positive attitude today, determined that today would in fact be a good day. Why is it when I make that declaration that everyone tries their best to prove me wrong. Is it Murphy's Law? Well who is this Murphy and why do I have to abide by his laws? Will I get arrested if I decide that his laws are not for me?

So I got up on time this morning, left my house in enough time to drop off the babe and get to work without having to speed. I had doughnut holes and coffee for the drive and I got to the office in plenty of time. When I got in my office a co-worker came in with a plant and a card and sat them on my desk and told me to read the card and then get rid of it. Strange, but okay. So I sat my plant on my desk and opened my card, it was very funny, but if another co-worker saw it, it would cause a big stink and I just ain't into all that, so I promptly put the card in my purse.

That was a good way to start off the day at work! Today is pay-day, another good way to start off a day, getting paid. I ran to the bank on my morning break. It normally only takes me about 10 minutes to get to the bank and back, so I thought that I could probably make it to the Krystal's around the corner from the bank and then eat my food while in the drive-thru at the bank. Sounds like a good plan doesn't it? I thought so too. So I whipped into the Krystal and there were a few cars in the drive-thru so I figured it would be faster to go inside. BIG MISTAKE! There were a few people standing around waiting to get their food, which is never a good sign. The girl takes my order and I move down the counter to join all the other waiting people. About 10 minutes later I leave with my food. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT? It was not busy, it wasn't even lunchtime yet, it was 11am for pete's sake! They have the WORST customer service and they are the slowest place on earth. I think they should be declassified as a fast food restaurant. On top of all of that their prices have gone WAY up. I spent nearly 5 bucks for 2 little chili dogs and a frozen coke. That will be my last time doing that.

I leave there and head on over to the bank. PEOPLE ARE WAITING IN THE DRIVE-THRU. This bank hardly ever has people waiting in the drive-thru, so I pick a lane and wait. Of course the other lane clears out faster, so I back up and move over there. It took them 5 minutes to process my deposit. Now granted I make SO MUCH MONEY that it should take them a long time to process my deposit, but 5 minutes, I don't think so. My bank has the computer screen thing now instead of the big window so you can't really see the employees goofing off anymore and they are not forced to look at your irritated face while you tap your finger on your watch. Anyway I was so frazzled by the time I got back to the office I just wanted to scream. In all it took me nearly 30 minutes to do something that should have only taken 15. I only get a 15 minute break, I am glad that my boss didn't notice.

Then as I am leaving to go see my baby for lunch and I am waiting at the red light the car next to me just takes off and runs it. WHERE ARE COPS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? Oh yeah they are sitting in the neighborhoods to catch lawbreakers like me that run a stop sign when NO OTHER CAR IS WITHIN 5 MILES OF ME! That is where they are.

My day is only halfway over. I really hope that the second half is as good as the first.

On to better, yet equally stressful things, like the 3 day weekend. YAY for Monday holidays. I have so much to do this weekend. We are having a party for my hubby's birthday tomorrow evening. I use the word party very loosely. I am cooking dinner and we will have cake and ice cream for us and his mom and sister. Doesn't sound like much of a party does it? He never wants any big celebration for his birthday, so we just keep it simple. We will have balloons and candles though and a carrot cake. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! It will be fun. Only problem is that I don't have him one thing yet for his birthday, which means that I have to shop tonight. Oh what fun. So I am meeting him and my daughter for chinese food and then we will go shopping. I am really hoping that hubby will take the babe home so I don't have to try to entertain him while looking for gifts.

My daughter asked me last weekend if we could go to yard sales tomorrow, and of course I told her that would be fun. We rarely ever do anything anymore just the two of us. The babe takes so much of my time and energy. Before he was born she got all of our undivided attention, we played Barbies and Polly Pockets and games for hours on end, but now I have to chase the babe and keep him from putting things into the air conditioner vents and the VCR and from eating the dog's food and turning over the water bowl, well you get the idea, not much time for playing these days. Anyway I am excited, not about getting up at the crack of dawn, but about spending quality time with my other child. The child that I only get to see every other day and have to spend the night with us every other weekend. So I got online this morning and looked up addresses for yard sales in our area and plotted out a plan of attack. If you are going to yard sales you have to have a plan of action. Maybe between the yard sales and the party I can get a nap. It probably won't happen though because before my in-laws come to my house I need to clean, it is such a mess. I may give everyone chores and make it a fun thing, you know like a game. Isn't there a game called "HELP MOM CLEAN THE HOUSE OR HEAR ME BITCH ABOUT IT THE REST OF THE DAY", no, well there should be. It would be much more fun than 'Don't Wake Daddy". Why does Daddy need to sleep anyway, it isn't like he was up all night with the baby and still managed to get the house cleaned, laundry done, and groceries bought. No Daddy was tucked snuggly into bed while Mommy did all of that. I digress.

Hope everyone has a stress-free, restful 3 day weekend, I know I will (in my dreams anyway)!

5 comments:

Janet said...

I never understood people who would sit in line forever at a drive thru. Doesnt that like, defeat the whole purpose?:)

Jodi said...

wow, you made me tired just READING all that!
hope you have a relaxing weekend.
J.

Kristi said...

Yuck. Fridays aren't supposed to be like that. I am so with you on crappy customer service. It can ruin your entire day. I hope you have fun with your daughter at the sales.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!! I think you need a 3 day weekend. I don't try to do anything on break or lunch because no matter how well planned out it is, some cornhole at a fast food (loosely used term) joint or a bank of ill repute will spoil your day. Thank goodness for direct deposit.

K. said...

It seems the days when you are most in a rush is when EVERYTHING takes the longest.