Tuesday, December 19, 2006

6 days until Christmas

I am really trying not to get stressed out, but honestly I just can't help it. Here it is 6 days until Christmas and I still haven't gotten hubby's stocking stuffers, I still have TONS of stuff to bake and make, the house is a mess. The list goes on and on. I did manage to get a decent picture of the kids, have Christmas cards printed, got them addressed and in the mail last week. That was a major accomplishment! I also managed to get cupcakes, a butterscotch cake, and some M & M cookies made and delivered to the Ronald McDonald House last Friday. I am on a roll. I still have so much to do and a very short time to do it in. Not only do I have all of those things to do, I still have to work everyday this week and take care of my family at night. Oh and another thing I have to do is get the kids to help me make stepping stones with their handprints in them for the grandparents. How long does it take the cement to set? We have to make 3 and we only bough one mold, so we will have to wait for each one to dry before we remove it from the mold. WHY DO I DO THINGS LIKE THIS TO MYSELF EVERY YEAR? Instead of buying gifts, since we are so poor I am baking goodies for everyone. Again, why do I do these things? Our office Christmas party is Friday morning, so I have to get all of the stuff made for my co-workers before then. I have until Sunday to get my family's done and Monday night for hubby's family. I also wanted to make a little basket for our neighbors (3 of them). I wonder how little sleep I can actually survive on, 4 maybe 5 hours? I was up until midnight last night wrapping gifts, so now everyone except me has a present under the tree. I should have one wrapped and under there tonight. I will be glad when Christmas actually gets here so maybe I can sit down and relax with my family a little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have not done Christmas cards or shopped or even unpacked.

At least you're a few steps ahead of me!