Monday, December 18, 2006

Faster than a speeding car

Well not so much so. The babe had his first bloody accident on Saturday. His sissy was pushing him in his little car in the kitchen and he opened the door to attempt a stunt. Well 13 month olds do not need to attempt stunts. Anyway he fell face first out of the car onto the HARD kitchen floor. He was crying and bleeding. I was in the shower oblivious the the goings on in the rest of the house. Hubby came running into the bathroom screaming that the babe was bleeding, he fell out of the car! I jumped out of the shower, knelt over the crying, bleeding babe on the floor and dabbed his mouth with a wet washcloth. Finally the bleeding stopped and I could see that he had busted his lip. His lip was swelling. I took him to the kitchen, got a cold teething thing out of the fridge and took him to the living room to watch the Wiggles. 10 minutes later he was up and playing. I was so calm, it was almost surreal to me. I am not usually the calm type, but hubby on the other hand was like a raving lunatic. Thank goodness I am able to keep my cool under pressure. Let me just say it was scary to see my sweet little angel baby bleeding. What would they do without me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I wonder if we really are the weaker sex..Al can't stand to see blood or vomit...

Anonymous said...

D totally flips out when Camille falls. I'm used to it, I'm the calm one...all things would by chaotic without us!!

Elmwood said...

way to go Super Mom! :)

Jodi said...

Ooh, poor babe....it's harder on mom than it is on them! My oldest had to get stitches once in his head...I almost passed out! And the time Daniel broke his arm...and had to be sedated! I hate to think about it even now.
You're a good mom. Hang in there.
J.