Friday, December 08, 2006

Brrrrrrr.....


That chattering sound you hear is my teeth. It is freakin' cold here, in Georgia, in December. I can't believe it. We are having the coldest weather that we have had in 2 years. WONDERFUL! I don't like the cold weather, I don't mind cool weather, but 18 degrees at night, give me a break. I had to get gas on my way to work this morning and I didn't even have a pair of gloves with me. I did have on my leather coat and fleecy scarf though. It is a really pretty day, sun shining bright, it's just cold. Actually I am not that upset about it. I hope it gets cold enough to kill all those creepy crawly critters outside.

I am going to see my Granny tomorrow. I guilt tripped my Mom into going. I hope they can be nice to each other for the few hours that we will be there. Really I wanted my Mom to go with me so she can ride in the back with the babe and make sure he is happy while I make the hour drive. She also needs to go see her Mother, even if she has a lot of resentment towards her. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us and my Mom needs to make peace with my Granny while they are both still on this earth.

I have taken Monday off so I can get my house clean. Doesn't that sound fun? Does anyone want to come and help me. Things have just gotten so cluttered and I have not really cleaned since before the babe was born, so it is wwaaaaayyyyy overdue. I am afraid the dust bunnies may attack me when I try to get rid of them. Don't think that I haven't cleaned any since he was born, I have done things like vaccuum and clean the kitchen, but other things like putting away the laundry and getting rid of just general clutter has really been put on the back burner. I hope Monday to get most of the major things done since I will have a day without kids or the hubby. When my house is a real mess it stresses me out and that is some stress that I can control, so I will.

Quick little bit about the babe. He is walking more now. He took 10 steps last night without holding on to anything! He is getting so big. He eats almost everything, especially things that he can feed himself. He is becoming so independent. He loves to read. He will get his books and just sit in the middle of a pile of them and thumb through the pages "reading" (mumbling and making noises). He is also starting to say distinguishable words other than Mama and Dada. He can say our dogs names (Dixie and Zoe) and he can say "Sissy" and "G.g" (his great grandma). He understands so many words when he hears them. He gets upset if you say ice cream or doughnut and you don't actually have any. He loves Ritz crackers and will point in the kitchen and grunt until you take him to the counter to get a Ritz. He also likes Cheese puffs (the organic ones). I break them into a few pieces and put them on the tray of his highchair and he gobbles them up. He has gotten 2 of his molars on one side and he is working on the other 2. This time the teething really has not been so bad. He has 10 teeth now!

I wish I had more to write about today but I really need to get my desk cleaned off so I don't feel so bad about not being here Monday. Have a great weekend and I will be back on Tuesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psssstttttt...I took 11 steps yeasterday without holding onto anything... ;)

Steve~

Kristi said...

Oh no! A day off to clean your house? You need to take a day off to do something fun for yourself too, which of course is easier said than done. :) And congrats on your wee one's milestones. I can't wait until Ella starts eating solid food!

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of teeth AND mobile! You'll have your hands even fuller now..Can you teach him to vaccuum? Wouldn't that be handy!!!

Have fun cleaning today. At least its a day off work right...hmm..to do different work!!!!

Elmwood said...

I love him!!!!