Friday, December 01, 2006

I survived!

Whew, it is finally Friday. I for one, am so very glad. I survived the month end with a few bumps in the road, but I managed to get through them. I also managed to piss off a co-worker yesterday and now she is being a bitch to me. Oh well honey your loss. I am so sick of all the cattiness in our office. It really grates on my nerves sometimes. That is what happens when you work with a bunch of women. Oh well, I am not going to worry about it. I have many other things to worry about like picking out a tree and hours in the car with the babe.

We have such a busy weekend. We are going to get our tree tonight. Part of me really hates going to pick out the tree. It is so hard for my hubby to make a decision sometimes. I just pull up to the trees, look at them and pick out the best one. It should not take longer than say 10 or 15 minutes. He has to compare this part and that part and it never fails that when we get the tree home, it is too freakin' big for the living room so he has to trim the bottom. Having the babe that is now into everything will also add another element to the holiday tree decorating. It would be fine with me if we got a 3 foot fake tree to put on the table so he can't reach it and we could go back to the real tree thing next year. Hubby will not go for that, so we will begin the hellish nightmare of the Christmas tree tonight after work. Then once we get it home, he has to get it in the house and in the stand and then guess who gets to put lights on it? Yes that would be my job. So I guess Sunday will be spent putting lights on the tree. OH WHAT FUN! Anyone want to come and help me?

I am very excited about tomorrow. We are going here: http://www.callawaygardens.com/. I have never been and of course neither has the babe, so we are really looking forward to it. There are lots of shops and things on the way that we will stop at to break up the monotany of the babe riding for hours in the carseat. Our appointed time to see the Christmas light tour is at 8 pm, so I think we will be alright for the car ride home, he should probably sleep most of the way. My MIL and SIL are going too. It should be a fun family outing.

Maybe Sunday after I get the lights on the tree and some decorations put out I can get some rest. I doubt that I will, but hey a girl can dream, can't she? Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My apartment is so small we don't really have room, but I am thinking of looking for a Charlie Brown tree.

Callaway Gardens looks beautiful. I love, love, love Christmas light displays. I once went on a tour of a neighborhood in Atlanta that is known for its Christmas decorations. I oohed and aahed the whole time. I have yet to find a comparable neighborhood here in Seattle...

eatmisery said...

I hate office politics. People can be so small.

Kristi said...

Hope you had fun picking out your tree. We're getting ours this week! And Callaway Gardens looks so pretty. Did you take pictures?

Cricky said...

hope your weekend was as relaxful as you deserved.

Anonymous said...

Did you get your tree? I thought about doing the tiny table top tree..but it was me that decided against it. I'd rather have a real..fake one. So far so good too. My kiddo hasn't pulled it down yet.

Relief for that. Can't wait to hear how it went!!