Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Meme

I thought this was a fun meme, so here it goes.

1. Eggnog or Hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate with LOTS of marshmallows

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
The gifts from Santa do not get put under the tree or wrapped, each child has their own pile of loot in the den.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have 4 trees, 2 of them have multicolored lights, 1 has white lights, 1 has blue and white lights. We have white icecicle lights on the outside as well as red and green candy canes lining the driveway. We also have white lights in the hedges and some white light balls in one of the trees. The Griswolds would be jealous!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No.

5. When do you decorate for Christmas?
I try to get started right after Thanksgiving, but it takes a while to get everything decorated.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (Excluding desserts!)
My mom's dressing and sausage balls.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child.
All of my family being together at my grandparents house on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes. We have Christmas with my parents on Christmas Eve. I am also going to start letting the kids open one gift from us on Christmas Eve. It was a tradition we did as children and I would like to do that with my kids too.

10. Do you bake cookies every year?
Yes as well as other things.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
I love it. Of course in Georgia we rarely ever get any and if we do it is Febuary or March. It doesn't usually stick and causes more of a mess than anything. It looks pretty in pictures though.

12. Can you ice skate?
No, I am way too uncoordinated.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
As a child it was my silver Barbie Corvette.

14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The decorations, the food. Spending time with family and friends and remembering the real reason for the season.

15. Favorite holiday dessert?
Divinity, fudge, pumpkin pies and cakes.

16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Having Christmas celebrations with my family and hubby's family.

17. What is your tree topper like?
A star, multicolored of course.

18. Do you like to give or receive?
Both, but really give. I like to do things for others.

19. What is your favorite Christmas carol?
Silent Night

20. Candy canes? Yuck or Yum?
Yummy, especially the fruit flavored ones.

21. What was the one gift you always wanted for Christmas but never got?
A car and a pony.

22. Do you buy a gift for yourself when shopping?
Before I had the babe I did, but since he has gotten here I am so broke I can barely afford to buy anything for anybody.

23. Favorite Christmas Movie?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

24. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
In steps. First we pick out the tree, the hubby gets it put up in the stand. Then I put the lights on it. Then we decorate it and it usually takes a few days to get all the ornaments on it.

25. What do you do on Christmas morning?
We wake up and see what Santa brought the babe, then hubby and I open our stockings, then we play and eat some breakfast and play some more. We don't get our daughter until 5, so after she gets there we see what Santa brought her and then we open our gifts to each other.

I am not tagging anyone, but if you want to do this, go ahead.

3 comments:

K. said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing.

Mama Beck said...

I have gotten this email 3 times, and I have great intentions to do it and pass it along, but you know what they say about intention paved roads....

Jodi said...

Hey, you did the meme I did. It WAS fun!
Sorry I haven't been by much. But now I'm off for 2 weeks, so I will be by often.
Ho, ho, ho.
J.