Friday, December 22, 2006

Running on empty

I can barely keep my eyes open today. My coffee has worn off, I think I need to go make some more! I got off a little early yesterday to finish up my Christmas shopping, which was a good thing. I got most of it finished with the exception of a gift certificate that I have to pick up today at lunch. I got home around 6 and turned on the oven to start my marathon baking. I took the last batch of pecan drops out of the oven at 11:30. 5 1/2 hours of baking and I am beat. I baked 6 dozen cookies, Chocolate Chip, Sugar, and Chocolate-Peanut Butter, 4 dozen Pecan Drops, 6 mini Honey Walnut Pound Cakes, 2 Gooey Butter cakes, and I also made a batch of Tiger Butter. When I finally fell into bed around midnight I was so exhausted I just wanted to cry. I did manage to sit down for a few minutes and eat some supper and then I was back in the kitchen. I also took a break and bathed the babe and got him in the bed. Baking all these goodies is really tiring. I still have some baking left to do as well as cooking a pork roast to make BBQ. I don't need the BBQ until Monday night and most of the baked goods until Sunday, so I can pace myself.

I am very proud that I got all of that done last night though. I brought little goody baskets for the ladies in the office today for Christmas. I got one of my Christmas presents early last night. After we finished eating supper Hubby told me to stay sitting down for a minute. Of course this irritated me because I needed to get back in the kitchen and get to work, but I obeyed. Our daughter brought one of my gifts from under the tree and they told me to open it so I could go ahead and use it before Christmas. I really had no clue what to expect, I had not asked for much. Much to my surprise it was a DIGITAL CAMERA. I was so shocked. I have wanted one forever, but we just haven't gotten one yet. We have a camcorder that also takes digital pictures, but it doesn't have a flash and the pictures are not that great. So now I have my very own digital camera. Hubby said that when they picked it out he told our daughter that they really did not have to get me anything else and she told him that she wished that they could get me more because I do so much for them that she does not know how I get it all done sometimes. That just melted my heart more than any gift, to know that my child sees and appreciates all the things that I do. Ahh the joys of parenting! After Christmas look out I will post some pics with my new camera.

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas. I will be back on Wednesday, I will catch up with everyone then.

3 comments:

heels said...

Slow Down!! HA! I know- I need to take my own advice.

Have a Wonderful Christmas!

Jodi said...

Lucky you! I want a digital camera, too!

Merry Christmas.
J.

eatmisery said...

I just wanted to wish you a happy and safe holiday!