Friday, January 28, 2005

Domestic Goddess

I am a domestic goddess. I am keeping up the tradition of doing it all since Martha is still away. I took yesterday off work because I had so much to do before tonight's birthday party. I got up early partly because I had lots to do but mostly because hubby got up to get ready for work and turned the bedroom light on to look for something to wear. Then he turned on the iron and the bathroom light and left them on while he was in the kitchen. So while it would have been nice to get to at least sleep in on my day off, it just didn't happen. I am sure that the people at the power company appreciate our (his) wasting of power on a daily basis.

Once I got up and had a cup of coffee, I was raring to go. I baked mini muffins for my hubby to take to work and made his coffee and got him out the door to work. The I blasted the stereo and got to work on the matter at hand, a fish shaped cake. No not a mold, but a 3-D one that you cut out of a round cake and decorate with candy. Yeah so how creative is that? So I cleaned the kitchen and mixed up the cake and popped it in the oven to cook. While it was in the oven I washed some laundry and watched A Baby Story on TLC. I love that show. It was a really sweet episode. After removing the cake from the oven, I decided to bathe my inside dog. She smells like corn chips when she is dirty. Isn't that just strange, maybe we should have named her Frito. Anywho after I bathed her, I took a shower and got dressed for the day.

Then it was time for me to prepare lunch for my hubby, who was coming home to eat with me. I love eating lunch with him. When I first started this job almost 5 years ago and he worked near me we had lunch almost everyday together. While lunch was cooking, I swept the kitchen floor and mopped and painted my nails. I had lunch with hubby and he went back to work.

Then it was time for part 2 of my day, errands. I had to do one errand for work, but I decided that while I was out I would go and meet a few of the clients that I talk to on the phone all the time but have never met face to face. Yes I was working on my off day, but only because it was something that I wanted to do. So I met 2 of the ladies that I talk to on the phone all the time and visited with them for a few minutes then I was on the next errand. Finally all the errands were done and it was time to shop. I had one more gift to buy at the mall. So I decided to look at the clothes for me while I was there. You know everyone is having such great clearance sales right now trying to get rid of the winter stuff. So I picked myself up 2 new pairs of pants and a new sweater. I almost bought a new purse, but I talked myself out of it.

Well with all that done it was time to go back home and assemble the cake and decorate it. Hubby got home as I was chopping up the cake trying to decide how it should be put together so it would stand up. He basically took over as I pouted and whined because it wasn't as easy as it looked in the picture. Well duh! Most things aren't as easy as they look. An hour later the fish was decorated and it was time to transport said fish cake to the in-laws, where we are having the party. You didn't think we were having this thing at our house did you? After we got all the gifts and decorations and cake and jell-o "aquariums" loaded into the car we were on our way. We get to his mom's house and they oohed and ahhed over the fish cake and aquariums, oh yeah and the blue kool-aid. Then we went with them to shop for other gifts for the party and to eat supper. Well we arrived back at his mom's at nearly 11p.m. and still had to decorate. We got home close to 1a.m. this morning and then we had a little sex to end the day. That was how I spent my day off, truly being a domestic goddess. I was ready to come back to work today so I could rest and relax.

1 comment:

Elmwood said...

that's so sweet--unlike my sweet bubble friend I like the fact that you had a domestic day that ended with sex...lol