Friday, January 28, 2005

Realizations

I came to a realization Wednesday night. Hubby and I had taken the child home and we were talking about what all I had to do on my day off and I realized something. Ususally when I take a day off I spend some time, even if it is just for coffee or tea, with my best friend. Well this is the first day that I have taken off since she moved so I was very sad. So sad in fact that I cried. I tried not to cry, but I miss her and she is too far to just go and have coffee or tea with. I have missed her since she left, but I don't think it had really hit me until then. I may be going to the country next weekend even if just for a few hours with my best friend.

2 comments:

The Narcissist said...

Oh I feel your pain. It is so hard when a friend leaves. ..though it is equally hard to be the friend who goes, which I usually was. I bet her pain is just as acute as yours. I hope you get to go see her and y'all have a wonderful time. (hugs)

C. said...

Being far away from a best friend is one of the hardest things to get used to...I'm still trying to get used to it today and it's been almost a year since I moved. I'm sure she misses you too; you'll find ways to make it work to the best of your abilities...hang in there :)