Monday, January 24, 2005

Tea Parties, Tickets, and Tributes

That is what my weekend consited of. My child's birthday was Sunday so her mom's birthday party was Saturday and it was a tea party. It was at this tea party place in a little town about 30 minutes from where we live. My hubby's mom and sister came to our house and rode with us to the party. It was the cutest little place. It was in a little cottage that had been renovated and decorated in all frilly and girly stuff. Of course it had lots of teapots and teacups and stuff. There were also frilly dresses, hats, gloves, high-heeled shoes, jewelry, etc. for the kids to dress-up in before the party began. It was really one of the most creative party places that I have ever been to. We are thinking of going back there to have hubby's Grandmother's 85th birthday party. How fun. The kids got all dolled up and had a tea party, complete with finger sandwiches and tea. We all had a great time.

On the way home from the tea party hubby was driving. He was clocked by a Georgia State Patrolman going about 70 miles an hour. Well he was going 72 to be exact. So he got a big fat ticket. All I can say is thank goodness that I wasn't driving. He is always fussing at me about how fast I drive, who is the speed demon now?

Then on Sunday I learn about the death of Johnny Carson. What a funny man. He will be sadly missed. Oh yeah and the Falcons and Steelers both lost on Sunday. What a sad day.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm sure you mentioned this somewhere, but how old is your child? Kids these days are into tea parties? I'm jealous.

sunShine said...

My child is 8.