Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It's still looking a lot like Christmas.

Yes you heard me correctly, CHRISTMAS. Okay I have to admit this year I have been slow taking down the decorations from the fabulous holiday season that we just celebrated. We just took the tree out of the living room Sunday night. It has been barren from decoration for a week now, but it took me that long to decide to take the lights off. I am so glad that it it out of my living room. We have so much space now without that huge dead thing lingering in front of the window. I still have some wintery decorations up in the dining room and in one of the bathrooms, but for the most part Christmas is gone at my house. Although there is a house around the corner from mine that still has up every single Christmas light that they could find and they still turn them on every night. When is enough enough? C'mon people, take your damn lights down or at least turn them off. Better yet, take them down and pack them away for next Christmas, it will be here before you know it.

On a lighter note, I got some tires put on my car Saturday. I woke up early Saturday morning, took my shower and woke my hubby and told him that I was going to get tires. The hell with buying groceries, we need to lose some weight anyway. I went and got 2 used tires that are better than the ones that they replaced and way better than the one with the nail in it. So I am driving my car again. I love my car. It was like spending time with an old friend when I got behind the wheel. My car just knows me and she loves me with all my imperfections. She doesn't mind when I hit curbs or have to slam on the brakes really hard. She is very forgiving and she loves to drive really fast. Anywho I am so glad to have that little crisis over with for now.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Your blog cracked me up! I too just took down the remaining Christmas lights this week....I did however remove the tree before New Years!

Aren't cars great in the way that they don't laugh at you when you hit that curb....haha, oh the secrets cars hold. How is GA doing? Here in AL its getting rather cold, I was enjoying the 70's!!