Thursday, November 16, 2006

A comparison and a cause of stress

Yesterday afternoon was filled with doctors appointments. One for me and one for the babe. I went for my yearly fun visit with the ob/gyn. Everything was great, bp, heart rate, hemoglobin... I also got a prescription for the new birthcontrol pill that gives you lighter, shorter periods. The only thing better than that is no perios at all and since that ain't happening, I will go for the shorter, lighter ones. I also got a prescription for my happy pills. I haven't gotten it filled yet, but I will be this weekend. I know I am ready to go back on them, I have done well without them for the most part, but all of those crazy thoughts are creeping back in and I HAVE TO KEEP THEM AWAY, and also the stress is really getting to me! Hopefully it won't take long for me to be able to notice a difference, even though I think it is too late for this month's PMS. Sorry hubby!

The babe also had his 1 year check-up. He was perfectly healthy, even though he has a snotty nose. His stats:
22 lbs 13 ozs
30 3/4 inches tall
18 15/16 inch head (he takes after my hubby)
Lets look back to his stats when he was born:
8lb 9 ozs.
21 inches
14 inch head

WOW he has really grown. He had to get 2 immunization shots and I also opted for him to get the flu shot. He has to get it in 2 parts, so next month he gets the second part. I think the shots get worse as they get older. He SCREAMED his head off from the first needle prick until she was done and then he howled some more for good measure. As soon as we got in the car he went to sleep and slept for an hour and a half. He was a little cranky this morning and just wanted to be held, so I held him. I called and checked on him a little while ago and he was awake, but just kindof laying around. I hate when he doesn't feel good, but he can just be so snuggly! I can't wait to go see him at lunch and snuggle him up!

Anyway on to other things. I am MAJORLY stressed at work. My boss is having back surgery tomorrow morning. That may not seem like a big deal to most people, but hello, I work for a VERY SMALL company and he does ALL of the banking, check writing, payroll, accounts payable type of stuff. So guess who gets to do all of those things until he comes back? Do you give up? Still guessing? Yeah if you guessed me then you win a prize. Give yourself a pat on the back. I have not had to do payroll or accounts payable in 6 years and even then we had a staff accountant that double checked everthing and told me how much money to pay the vendors and such. This surgery is a very sudden thing, so I have had a crash course in everything. I am so not ready for this. I am scared. What if I screw something up. It is WAAAAYYYYY more than I want to be responsible for. I will be the boss, the head honcho, the big kahuna and honestly I don't want the responsibility. I am the only one here who can do it, so I have stepped up to the plate. Tomorrow I will be the boss. (You see why I really need my happy pills?)

I am also terrified that something is going to happen to my boss. I love him, no not like that. But you know like an uncle or something. I have been here 6 years and we have a pretty close knit group of people. There are only 9 of us, when everyone is here. I worked in the OR for a little while in college and I know from the professional's side the risks of being put to sleep. Then what if something goes wrong with the surgery and he is paralyzed or dies. OH DEAR GOD! I have been crying about it this morning, I am more worried than he is. He said that if it is his time to go then there is nothing anyone can do about it. He said he is at peace about it. He has much stronger faith than I do. WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO HIM? What happens to us? I know that is selfish, but this place pays my house payment and puts food on my table. Oh the stress of it all. Also it is going to be mighty lonely around here without him while he is out with his surgery. He is always walking around here singing or making jokes. I will be talking to him daily though and seeing him often if anything needs his signature. I am glad that he lives close to the office. Just keep him in your prayers during this surgery and please pray for me as I take on these added responsibilites.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Sorry for your work stress, but I'm glad your baby is healthy and growin like a weed. I read your post about your granny and it really hit home, as my 90-year old mother is in a nursing home, losing her grip on the real world. Try not to feel guilty; your granny has had her life and now it's your turn. It's awfully nice that you phone her as often as you do. I can't even do that with my mom because she's so deaf.

Anonymous said...

That is very stressful but I'm sure you'll do a great job!

We'll be here for you!!

eatmisery said...

What kind of back surgery is your boss having? My husband just had a lumbar laminectomy last week and I'm just curious.

Kristi said...

I'm glad your little one is growing so big! And your work situation sounds stressful. I hope your boss is okay, and that things aren't too crazy for you at the office.