Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So much to do, so little time

Is Friday really just 2 days away? I have so much to do before the babe's first birthday party and I don't think that there is anyway that I can get it all done. I am trying to make myself a list and add to it when I remember something else that needs to be done. We thought about canceling the party, but everyone has assured me that we should still have it. Hubby's great-uncle who was 99 died on Monday and the funeral is Friday morning. Grandpa is still in the hospital and the family is taking turns spending time at the hospital so that he is never alone. I just figured with those things going on a birthday party for a (nearly) one year old may not be a good idea. MIL has assured me that they still want to have it. There are even some extra relatives here from out of town, so there may be a few more guests. More guests=more gifts! More guests also = more party stuff and more food. MIL is cooking a nice soup/chili recipe that she makes and I guess I will pick up a couple of bags of chips and some dip.

Tonight after work I have to go to Publix and look at my choices for a store bought birthday cake, which I am still upset about. Hopefully they will have something cute. We are going with a jungle animal theme. I have tried to put a picture of the decorations in this post, but blogger will not cooperate with me, so screw you blogger. I will try to add it later.

I also have not bought any wrapping paper or gift bags or a birthday card. I have not wrapped any gifts. I still have to get streamers and balloons and some extra plates and napkins, just in case said extra family is there for the party. I need to get hubby to make some tea, so our nice party guests will have something to drink. Yes you read that correctly, hubby makes wonderful tea. My tea just tastes like dirty water with sugar, so I will let him do the honors.

I also wanted to put together a video for everyone to watch at his party, but do you think I have had time to do that? So, I did sit down the other night after he was asleep and put pictures in a picture album in order from his first pics in the hospital to his most recent ones. So everyone can look at those. A video would have been better though! There is always next year. Maybe if I get started on it now I would have it done by then!

Friday I am off work! So I will have all day to run around like a crazy woman with a (nearly) one year old and get all of this stuff done. I also have to pick up store bought birthday cake and ice cream and daughter early so that she can help me entertain the babe and decorate my MIL and SILs house for the party. I hope they have time between now and then to clean up the house, if not I too will have to do that Friday. I know I should clean it up since they are nice enough to let us have it there, but it would really help me out if they would do it. I'm just saying. Anyway I am stressed out and that is precisely why we are not having a BIG birthday party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! His first birthday party is this weekend? How special!!

I'm sure you'll find an adorable cake...grocery stores always have the neatest things!

Cricky said...

1st birthday already...wow!
Seems like I just met him, lol.
Take time to relax in all this, celebrate the day for what it is...the day your family was blessed with a miracle.

Anonymous said...

The first birthday is always so much fun, just make sure to enjoy yourself and don't get too frazzled.

heels said...

I know the feeling. We just went through the first birthday thing here! Aak! I was majorly stressed out. I hope you have a great time. More importantly, I hope HE has a great time. Congratulations on One Year!!