Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Milestone mania

Over the past few weeks the babe has started doing some things that he has never done before. Yes he has had a few firsts lately. Last Friday he took his first 3 steps. It was so cute, no I did not capture it on video, but I will get some video of him walking soon enough. I was glad that he did it on Friday because our daughter was there and she got to see it. It is hard on her sometimes because she does not live with us and she does not see her brother everyday so she misses out on some of his firsts. The first steps were awesome, but no music played and he did it and then it was over and he would not take another step. He will take a step every now and then, but 3 steps in a row! That was big. Today at lunch he took a few steps to me at my MILs house. I don't think I am ready for walking, yet.

He is also trying to feed himself finger foods. I know everyone else's kid has been doing this since they were 6 months old, but for some reason he just could not get the pincer grasp thing and once he would get the food in his hand he could not get it to his mouth. He has been feeding us for quite sometime, but he has not been able to feed himself. For the past week he has been feeding himself the Gerber Fruit Puffs. He puts one in each hand and then puts them in his mouth. It is the cutest thing.

He also babbles constantly, although he does not say anything that even sounds remotely like a word, except for huh. When he is playing and you call his name he will look at you and say HUH? He still says Mama and ada for Daddy, but he does not say it with any meaning. He doesn't look at me and say Mama. Sometimes he can hear his daddy in the next room and he will start babbling adadadadadadada. So maybe he does know what he is saying. Most days I feel like we need a translator. When he is eating he will point and make noises to let you know what he wants to eat or drink. His favorite foods are chicken (all meat is chicken), pasta (especially mac 'n cheese) and most fruits. He likes some veggies. I made vegetable soup a week or so ago and he LOVED it. I hope he will always like his veggies.

He is almost completely weaned. I may have mentioned this earlier in the week but we cut out the morning feeding this week and he has done alright without it. This weekend we will try to cut out the bedtime feeding and then he will be officially weaned. I am a little sad, but enjoying my newfound freedom. As long as he is happy, so am I.

I will not be posting again until Monday and I hope I will have pics from the party. Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

eatmisery said...

Hooray for baby milestones! Congrats!

Jodi said...

Have a good weekend, girlfriend!

Congrats on the babe growing up!

J.

Cricky said...

hope this weekend can be somewhat relaxing for you. Have a blast and yes please take lots of pics from the party.
Happy Birthday Little One!!!

Kristi said...

yay for those adorable milestones. That must be so fun to see. I know I'm enjoying watching Ella's little ones every day.

Anonymous said...

Awww! I am so excited he took his first steps!

I know you will miss the closeness of nursing him but you've got to be glad to have your boobs back. I mean a year is a long time to loan out your boobs, even to your own baby. :-)