Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving thanks

As Thanksgiving draws near this year I have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful loving family, beautiful children, a fabulous husband, wonderful in laws. I have a great job, albeit stressful at times, I love it and wouldn't want to work anywhere else. I have great health, nothing more than a minor cold or virus on occassion. I have a beautiful house, even though it is very messy because of that great job and wonderful family I have no time to clean it. We have everything that we need to get us through the day and at the end of everyday I try to remember to give thanks for all of my many blessings. I hope that everyone can find something to be thankful for. Sometimes we don't realize what we have.

Today is my 3 year anniversary. On this day 3 years ago I married my best friend. We ran away, so to speak, and got married. We did not go to Vegas, we went to Tennessee and got married on a riverboat. It was great. I did not tell any of my family that I was getting married. My best friend C, her hubby, my soon to be hubby, his mom and sister and his daughter all went to Tennessee for the weekend for the wedding. They were really the only ones that I wanted there. C stood by my side as I took my vows. I cried, she cried, my hubby cried. It was beautiful. I have the most wonderful husband in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He is the one that I call when things happen, good or bad. He is the calm in the midst of the storm in my life. When I am feeling scared or stressed, just hearing his voice makes me feel better. Seeing him with our children just makes me fall in love with him all over again. I hope he knows how much I love him and how empty my life would be without him. Happy Anniversary hubby, I sure do love you!

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Biggest Shopping Day of the year. What are your plans for Thanksgiving and are you braving the crowds to shop on Friday? We are going to hubby's great aunt's house for Thanksgiving lunch and then to his mom's for supper. We will be going to my mom's on Saturday for my family's celebration. We will also have the babe's birthday party with my family then. So much food, so little time! On Friday I will be getting up at the butt crack of dawn to fight the masses and get some good deals on toys for the kids for Christmas. YAY I love shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Last year I was at home with my newborn recovering from a c-section and I had to miss out, but hubby went and he HATED it. He said he would never do it again. So he is keeping the kiddos and I am going shopping. I can't shop too much though because I have to be at work at 1, oh yeah and the whole money thing. I don't mind going to work though because then I get to put up the tree and decorate the office. Fun, Fun!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary, and Happy Thankgiving!
J.

heels said...

Double Happy Happy!

The Narcissist said...

I didn't get to do Black Friday shopping last year either because I was in England where there are no after Thanksgiving Day sales, because well...you know. So I am glad to be back and eagerly awaiting my shopping circulars so I can plan my route. Enjoy your turkey!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to the Babe! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Since I am Canadian, we already had our Thanksgiving back in October, so... I have no plans other than normal stuff for this weekend... but your post was beautiful, especially the part about your hubs, and I'm glad that you have so much to be thankful for this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to the Babe! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Since I am Canadian, we already had our Thanksgiving back in October, so... I have no plans other than normal stuff for this weekend... but your post was beautiful, especially the part about your hubs, and I'm glad that you have so much to be thankful for this year.

eatmisery said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Elmwood said...

hmmmmm am I the ONLY sane person who does not shop on that day? I think it's because I am such a bargain shopper to begin with I don't feel I need mad sales like that,,,,I usually find pretty great deals..
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
how exciting!!!!

Scribbit said...

Having family over for the dinner tomorrow but I don't think I'll be brave enough to try shopping Friday. Cooking for 120 no problem--shopping with 50,000 of my closest friends not so much.

Jodi said...

Okay, I know you don't do the computer thing on the weekends, but when you get back to work on Monday.....
you've been tagged.
See my Friday's post.
J.